Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I want to surprise my wife and buy her 2017 Adam with less then 19,000KM. The car that I'm checking is the 1.4 robotic version. are there any known issues with this model? I see that a lot are writing to avoid this car because of the gearbox but not because it isn't reliable (at least as far as I understood them) but because of the "jumpy" feel. Any other known issues? (if we consider the jumpy feel an issue).

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Morning,

My partner has the automatic 1.4 Glam. The gearbox can take a while to change gear sometimes if it maybe hasn't been driven in a while or has only been going short distances but you can always put it in manual mode and change gear yourself if you feel this is an annoyance.

A common fault across all Adams is that the fuel pump becomes faulty and starts reading no fuel or starts reading the fuel incorrectly. My partners auto hasn't had this fault (fingers crossed) so far and is 5 years old this year but my 5 year old Adam S has had the fault twice now. Wheel bearings are notorious for going on Vauxhall's in general, I'm replacing a third one on mine soon.

Don't know if this is a common fault with the auto as I am yet to know anyone else with an auto Adam but her rear engine mount (gearbox mount) needed changed as the rubber had completely come away and would make a clicking/clunking noise every time we put the car in to drive.

Personally, I do sometimes get annoyed with the auto gearbox but it can still feel like a nippy car as it is so compact and light so I wouldn't let the gearbox put you off. Take it for a test drive and see if you feel the gearbox doesn't suit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thank you for your reply.
My wife's car also had the same fuel pump problem. Fortunately, the car was still under warranty and the service center replaced the cables caused the problem.
Honestly speaking, I LOVE this car. I have a 2018 Honda Civic 1.5 -- it's a vary good car, but I found myself enjoying more in the Adam because the seats are very comfortable(at least for me) and the ride is enjoyable... it looks like that next year when I replace my car I will have a tour to our Opel showroom to test the Astra =]

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had the fuel gauge issue on the 14 plate I had, that one started to cost me money so I now have a 17 plate which hasn't had any issues so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts