Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day..another set of mix messages from Vauxhall

I have a 14 plate Vauxhall Adam which as due its service

After reading on here and double checking with Vauxhall ( 3 different people giving different information!)
I chose to have my service done at my local trustworthy garage as find Vauxhall incredibly unhelpful and the location isn't ideal for me

So I've had the service done by my local garage who use Vauxhall parts
And one of the Vauxhall representatives said I also need to take this detailed invoice into them to keep the warranty...does anyone know any more details about this?

My vauxhall garage continuously give wrong info and I have no trust in them grrr...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had mine done at a family garage and all i did was take the invoice showing that genuine parts where used,
Vauxhall checked the car over and then reactivated the warranty, that's all you need,
just make sure the service book and invoice are both stamped the same and dated the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Naomineedssunshine said:
Yeah that's what I have done when they reactivate the warranty do they generally give you a receipt or something?
They give you an email to remind you when its nearly time for the service and a letter.Then they just click a button on their database which reactivates the warranty, bit like an online service they have.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Petree2401 said:
FYI you can only do this for the First 3 years after that it has to be at a Vauxhall garage to keep the lifetime warranty.
I've had my corsa now for 4 years, every service done at family garage and Vauxhall checked the car over and warranty reactivated, had the fourth service 2 months ago and no issue with the lifetime warranty, nothing has been said by dealership and still receive the official email from Vauxhall so the Warranty is still running?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have just gone through the current lifetime warranty on the vauxhall website, and it says the below second paragraph confirms service details, i apologise i was wrong there. As long as it is serviced according to the Vauxhall service schedule with Genuine parts there appears to be no issue.

1.3. Customer duties to retain warranty

The Lifetime Warranty is dependent on an annual visit of the vehicle to a
Vauxhall Authorised Repairer who will activate and validate the
warranty extension for another year starting from the 12 month period
from registration or anniversary of registration. Activation and
validation of the warranty is required every 12 months. This can only be
carried out by a Vauxhall Authorised Repairer. The activation and
validation can be performed up to 14 days after the expiry date.

Annual activation and validation of the Lifetime Warranty cover is also
dependent upon the confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in
accordance with the manufacturer's recommended servicing schedules using
genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality including oils.
Vauxhall may request details of this service history at any time during
the warranty period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.