Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all our Adams have the lifetime warranty. When wecollectedthe car the dealer was a bit vague about it and didn't explain it very well apart from the fact we had to have it activated every year by them when it's serviced - easy enough. We also got told we may/may not received a letter.
So we've had the car a couple of weeks, no letter has appeared. Did anyone else get a letter? And if you did how long did it take to appear.
So because we've not heard anything I took it into my own hands and registered on the Vauxhall Drivers centre. https://www.vauxhalldriverscentre.co.uk/. What's got me worried is that it's saying it needs reactivating already, which can't be right? Can anyone else confirm what theirs say on the site.

Edited by: mtmcgavock

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine took about a month and half to come lifetime credit card first then a question aire till fill in after that. The good thing with the life time warranty is that I can service it myself using gen bits and my garage is vat reg so I can stamp the book but I have to take it in every year for them to reactivate it

·
Registered
424 Posts
I thought you'd have to have it services by a Vauxhall dealer to maintain your warranty. I always thought it was like this during the warranty on any new car.
Also Vauxhall themselves say "Lifetime Warranty cover is dependent upon confirmation that the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommended servicing schedules using genuine Vauxhall parts or parts of equal quality, including oils, and that the annual reactivation checks have been carried out.
Vauxhall reserves the right to appoint its own engineer to inspect the vehicle prior to any repair or replacement of part(s) covered.
So are you saying I could have my Vauxhall serviced more locally as long as they use genuine parts? I'd be worried about them wriggling out of the warranty, that's why I've always taken previous cars to the authorised dealer

Edited by: gillsid

·
Registered
206 Posts
No you can use any garage that is vat reg as long as they use gen parts or equal quality parts. gen is the best option as there is no get out at all then. no its your right to take it any were you want, think it was made law because ofthebig retails were ripping people off. you just have to take it in once a year to have your lifetime warranty activated in other words (you take it in they look round it and tell you it needs something not covered by warranty to try to get some money out of you) but you just say no and just reactivate my lifetime warranty thank you and keep having it serviced at your loacal garagei am a mechanic so i made sure it was ok for me to service my owncar and stamp my own book

1 - 4 of 4 Posts