Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best way to get rid of scratches?
Iv'e got a nasty long scratch on the bonnet and the usual few around the door handles,also couple of light ones else where..
Thing is it's the purple fiction metallic colour and also have the easy guard stuff on it,so dont wanna use anything to harsh,heard about rubbing compound but thinking maybe a less coarse product is out there?
plus what to do after,wax etc?

·
Registered
431 Posts
T-Cut scratch remover..? or Paint renovator from autoglym. Once used these, use a Super resin polish to restore area you used the scratch remover.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You can then repeat the wax on top too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah was thinking T-cut but really nervous about taking to much paint off and leaving horrible marks,guess i will just have to try (( also been told about a Megulars product,very expensive but maybe its worth it?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Megulars and Autoglym are very similar but if your worried about a product, test on a area that u don't see, like on a door seal where the paint work is outta sight then u know its not going to damage a very visible area.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes good shout,will do

·
Registered
16 Posts
My boyfriend has an autoglym kit and there's some resin polish in there that's been pretty good on mine. It's less harsh than their paint renovator but it probably won't work on deep scratches. I find than mine scratches so easily, the rear panel is lightly scratched just from where I've brushed up against it getting in and out!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I had a new corsa last year in metro blue and I accidentally rubbed gravel down the drivers door. It made loads of deep long scratches and I used t-cut and it removed every last one! I was amazed

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not attempted the remove the scratches yet,but my wash kit is getting low so i'm going to get the Autoglym kit i think and try that out,if that doesn't work i will go for the t-cut option.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wouldn't use T-cut on a new car it's harsh on the paint work. Depending on how light the scratches what I use it Autoglym Resin polish that really cleans the paintwork then apply Autoglym HD Wax. Depending on how light the scratches are that usually mirrors the paint and hides the scratches on the paint only problem is with the scratch on the bonnet that might not take it away as the bonnet always gets light on and will show things up more than on the side of the car

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought that you aren't supposed to use a cutting agent such as T-cut on metallic paint as they are finished with a clear coat.
I may be wrong tho

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iv'e got the VX protect stuff on it too,so maybe i will just live with it!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Or take it into your local ( trusted ) valeting centre they should be able to sort it they should be able to buff it out or something

·
Registered
944 Posts
If you've got vx protect stuff then just leave it. Whatever compound you use will remove more protection. Scratches happen, just ignore it. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts