Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may seem like I am being too protective over my car, but it's new and it's expensive! Haha.
Anyway, there are a few things which I have noticed and wondered if anyone else has had similar problems...?
I know the wiper blades have been mentioned before, it scared the **** outta me when it first went funny. Secondly, when I turn the engine off, there is a squeeky/squeel like noise that comes from it, only briefly but it's noticeable. The gearbox can be troublesome at times, very stiff to get into 1st and 2nd gear, also reverse! And the gear stick also wobbles when driving; not looking great so far huh!?And finally.....The spare key boot unlock button doesn't kick in when used. How annoying. I've flagged all this up with my local Vauxhall dealership and they are taking the car in to look at it. I just hope it gets sorted! Anyway, enough of the rambles, has anyone else had similar things to this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah had gearbox prob it was a clip on shaft . Also have rattle on tick over sounds like a tappet but its a clip on bulk head misty lights wipers like every body else oh yeah and now paint work probs going in too dealer thur again to be fixed good job sharon loves him ........

·
Registered
314 Posts
The gears don't bother me... The wipers catch when the screen is dryish. Other than that, still rose coloured spectacles with me :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wipers....dealer has the new linkage to put on now,gears arn't so bad just have to live with,normally bad when cold.
Iv'e not had the fogging up lights but i did have the centre exhaust box replaced,my 1.4 engine is a bit noisy but its tried n tested so hopefully wont go wrong.
Thing i am noticing is how thin the paint is on the bumpers,i have done 13,500 miles but dam the front bumper is scratching and stone chipped ( my Corsa is 5 years old and nowhere near as bad?! very odd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noticed that its beginning to sound really ticky on idle, but the squeak from the engine when turning off has only started since its been in for a service, sounds like a bearing squeak or when the belt is wet and slips.
Purpletimbo7, I've got the same Adam as you mines an ex-demo (got a cracking deal on it) its done 7000ish and haven't had any problems with the paint work .......... YET!
Its all ready had the whole drivers side done cause someone decided to drove along side it!!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I noticed the gearbox isn't great when engaging gears but my corsa was the same so it doesn't bother me too much. Other than that everything for me is great touch wood lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My other half has a mk5 1.7cdti van thats done 120k miles still on its original box and clutch and its not notchy at all goes into all gears easily, i understand if i was notchy when its cold cause the oil is thicker but its all the time haha

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah mine is awful getting into first like :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Berty is back from Vauxhall today, the manger personally took it home so he could look and see if the problems happen with him, which i thought was a good idea seeing as the monkeys would listen to there boss rather then me and my other half nagging haha, but he said nothing is wrong with it at all :-/
Im wondering if people can tell me what branch they went to get there wipers fixed and give me there number and then ill forward it on to my branch and see if they will listen to a fellow Vauxhall branch.
Im also going to get a video of the engine squeaking and show it to them see if do any thing about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hurrah ! Showed my local dealership the video and he showed it to his manger, the manger showed it to a technician, who then showed it to another, then showed it to the head technician.
And at last! he said it sounds like a water pump issue! If that is the problem i find it odd that it went after 8000 ish miles !!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well atlast its sorted after many trips there list of what was replaced:

Waterpump and belt
Oilpump and seal/vavles
New chain
Cam shafts
Cam shaft sensors
Rocker top
Gasket seal and bolts
Probably lots of other stuff but cant remember of the top of my head haha!

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's good that it's sorted but absolutely ridiculous it needed doing at all

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went In this week again cause the f**king a/c pipe split and had gone every, pump was leaking as well.

Told them I dont want this car no more cause of all the issues its had and they refused cause its more them at fault then the car its self,cause it took so long to find and fix the previous problems, said as well I dont want it to be fixed and I come back a week later with another problem.........

Guess ive gotta wait and see

1 - 16 of 16 Posts