Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, haven't been on here for a while!I am doing a long drive from SE Kent to Scotland on Friday, dreading the long drive but I have a fear of flying so this is my only option. Any tips on how to get the most out of my petrol? The longest drive I have done is 4 hours. Halfords are doing free summer checks on cars at the moment so that'll be my oil and water, tyres topped up.Thanks Emma

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is an "Eco" setting for the tyres in the book, in theory the rounder the tyres the less rolling resistance the more economical you'll drive.

Try use the air on as little as possible, but don't open windows as will create drag... It's not meant to be too warm this week anyway

Try use the cruise control as much as possible

·
Registered
154 Posts
EmmaAdamJam said:
Hello, haven't been on here for a while!I am doing a long drive from SE Kent to Scotland on Friday, dreading the long drive but I have a fear of flying so this is my only option. Any tips on how to get the most out of my petrol? The longest drive I have done is 4 hours. Halfords are doing free summer checks on cars at the moment so that'll be my oil and water, tyres topped up.Thanks Emma
From someone who has driven from the North to Barcelona before because of a fear of flying the best advice I can give is to take it easy, no point in rushing because it won't make a lot of difference really.
Take some breaks and have a decent playlist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.