Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The success of Vauxhall's stylish city car, the Adam, has prompted Vauxhall / Opel to develop an entire range of Adam models, according to German motoring magazine Auto Motor und Sport.Opel CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann said the company is working on a "whole Adam family." (or should that be "Adams Family!!") He wouldn't reveal any more info on the future models, but promised that more Adam variations are on their way!
What Adam variations would you consider buying?

·
Registered
206 Posts
By doing this are they hoping to go down the fair 500/mini route.... It's like you go to buy a mini, the likelyhood you'll come out with the one you went in to get.

Maybe some more of the add on bits, have had some new colours recently but maybe different decals in different colours. There's always gonna be people wanting bigger more powerful engines, but it's been designed as a city car not a racing car

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Adam rock's is definitely heading for production.(I find it absolutely hideous)
There's gonna be a rag top cabrio basically the same as the Citroen ds.
I would think there's a slim chance of a 5dr model.
I've heard there's no chance of a vxr model from someone who works for the vxr brand part of Vauxhall, but you never know.
I think they need to concentrate on the engine range as a 1.2 and 1.4 just doesn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
What people need to think of aswell, is that road's are getting busier and busier every year, loads of road works, delays. Having a big engine car is good for Audi's, Mercs and BMW's as they dont come standard with indicators and would be easy to drive away form anything fast. But personally going from a 2.0ltr to a 1.4 for me is perfect as it costs far too much a month in petrol and repairs because of the short, stop start journeys.
Getting people more interested in styling, comfort and gimmicks is the way forward instead of higher spec engine cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.