Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I do a lot of motorway driving, I have to drive 60 miles a day to work as back and wante to know if any one has a 1.2 slam and any opinions on how motorway drive is? Also is it fairly efficient,
The Adam halves my insurance from my current car but mine is good mpg but I love the styling options of the Adam

My dealer won't let me take it to the motorway as it is too far apparently :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
The dealer should let you go anywhere you want if they wanna sell a car?!
Iv'e got the 1.4 87 bhp and it gets about 42 mpg at motorway speeds

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently due to fuel costs and insurance they can't take me for a long test drive
Which I think is stupid
I said to him I wana see how the car handles doing 70 and how the ride and steering feels and he said he couldn't understand why I want to test the steering at 70 when I can do it around town
Think he first time in job because he went on main website when I asked him what some features do on the car

And my current car gets about 500 miles for 65 quid

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got the basic 1.2 VVT, I drive on the motorway every day and it's fine.
Economy wise, I drove from Preston to Durham and back the other week, motorways and dual carriageways all the way (319 mile round trip) and averaged 51.3mpg. May well have been higher if I hadn't used the cruise control the whole way.
Edited by: Lampshade

·
Registered
94 Posts
I read in a motoring mag that most dealers will let you have an extended test drive. this means they let you have the car for a longer period. so that is what i did. i had a test drive and then 4 days later they let me have the car from 9.30am till 4.pm i took the car away did motorway trip down the M40 drove around Oxford came back via the country roads. I had it all day with no salesman along side me. They asked me to bring down both parts of my licence to photocopy for the insurance and leave my car with them,
After all you are about to spend £11-£12,000 on a car it is not right to do that after a 15 min test drive with a salesman watching you.
I would suggest you you phone them up and ask if they do extended test drive without telling them who you are. alternatley phone around other dealers and ask about it.

The other thing to do is to contact Vauxhall customer services and explain you would like an extended test drive and they may arrange it thru a dealer or put you in touch with a dealership that will do this for you.

The artical i read said most dealerships do this but they don't tell you. you have to ask.

Good Luck

Edited by: Pagnellman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that
That is what I shall do, they didn't even let me get to a road that did 60 and then when I explained I wanted to test it on other roads he could t understand why as I already driven it haah

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news!!! They rang me the info centre and I told them I had a bad experience and then I told them why and now they put a email to a different garage to give me an extended test drive as a 15 min drive is a joke

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well done matey. i had a great day with a 1.4 100ps Slam i didn't want to give it back.

they got my order. should get mine in about 10 days

This is the one i had for the day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a lovely colour and think it like the colour I will go for
If u go on the poll under the newbie section then u see the options I thinking of
Is that the let it blue colour?

·
Registered
94 Posts
CJ_YellowHeart said:
That's a lovely colour Is that the let it blue colour?
Yes i think it is . they told me it was a new colour

I shall watch with interest about your extended test drive as i don't know of anyone else that has bothered to have one.

Edited by: Pagnellman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it depends what you use it for or what car you had before
I have a 1.5ltr diesel 68bhp that can get 65mpg with premium fuel,
Premium fuel gets more mpg depending how u drive but as doing 60 miles a day just to work and back with out any extra travel I wanna check it will suit me
I hope it does as the options I want look amazing

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drive around 150-300 miles on the motorway a week because I'm army obviously I like getting home quickly on a Friday and on average I do 37-45 mpg depending on what speed I'm doing

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 1.2 slam and it's fine on the motorway, doesn't need a change down in gears if you slow down, it picks up nicely. My commute is mainly around town, I have done a couple of short motorway journeys combined with town and I'm currently at 38.6 mpg but I've only done 700 miles in total.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I do a 50 mile motorway commute in my 1.2 and it returns 54mpg easily sometimes even 56mpg on cruise control. I don't drive slow and I really put my foot down and yet my mpg is brilliant on the motorway. I've never had to change down the gears and it picks up wellwhen leaving50mph zones up to the 70mph parts of the motorway. I only get 42mpg in the city though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How many miles have you done? I only get 38.6 at the minute and just covered 800 miles. I've not done any proper motorway trips tho, only the odd dual carriageway here and there. Those figures you are achieving ate fantastic, I hope mine can achieve those!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it depends on where you drive to get the good MPG's i drive on the motorway to and from work and only use my car a bit at the weekend and im on 46mog.... i think it you do alot of short journeys then the MPG is much less.... (this is what i have been told!)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Mine never goes far and I'm on 36 mpg. I drive like a prat too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello.

Ive got the 1.4 Slam on 17" wheels.

I drive close to 35000 km (22000mi) per year. So driving comfortability is a big must for me!

So far Ive discovered that if you keep you speed below 110km/h (65mi/h) its okay. (Otherwise the tyre rumble will get too loud in my opinion)

I even filled my tires with the "eco" setting for better fuel consuption.

Ive managed to hit the factory average 5.1l/100km (46mpg)
This requires to turn your a/c off when possible, othewise it climbs super fast to 5.4l/100km (43mpg)

My driving is 70% highway and 30% in the city.

Its not a very fuel efficent engine but I can live with it, since its a pretty lively engine when you want it to be.

Hope this information helps.

Ps. Ive got the car for 1.5 weeks and every time I get to drive it Ill get super excited. (My last car was a 2013 S60 Polestar Volvo with a 230bhp diesel under the bonnet. It was with all the extras you can imagine)

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi.

You can find the eco pressures for the tyres on the passenger side door (right side on my car, since it's a left hand drive model...)

My tyres are 215/40 R17

And yes I do have the star/stop engine.

Alex

1 - 20 of 25 Posts