Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a Red Adam Glam 1.4 87PSI

Trying to work out how to watch movies on the darned thing!

I have tried Bluetooth, nothing, just the sound.

I have purchased a 4-pin AUX cable (like the one shown in the manual) to try and watch the movies straight from my phone, I have a Galaxy Note 3 - but nothing happens, only sound still.

I have tried putting the movie on a USB, car says "unsupported file format" or something, but the file is an mp4 file, which the manual says will work.

Can anyone enlighten me on something else I could try/something I'm doing wrong? Just so you know, all of this has been done with the car stationary, engine off, handbrake on etc.

---

On another note, my car comes with a backlight silver facia, basically its the silver dashboardwith like sparkles/star thingsand stuff on. At night, 2 short rows of the stars light up, but only two rows. Does anyone know if these can be turned off/adjusted? Cant seem to find anything about them in the manual or online.

Thanks in advance for any help, have a great day!

·
Registered
944 Posts
No you can't turn them off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
EmilyWood6 said:
Hello!

I have a Red Adam Glam 1.4 87PSI

Trying to work out how to watch movies on the darned thing!

I have tried Bluetooth, nothing, just the sound.

I have purchased a 4-pin AUX cable (like the one shown in the manual) to try and watch the movies straight from my phone, I have a Galaxy Note 3 - but nothing happens, only sound still.

I have tried putting the movie on a USB, car says "unsupported file format" or something, but the file is an mp4 file, which the manual says will work.

Can anyone enlighten me on something else I could try/something I'm doing wrong? Just so you know, all of this has been done with the car stationary, engine off, handbrake on etc.

---

On another note, my car comes with a backlight silver facia, basically its the silver dashboardwith like sparkles/star thingsand stuff on. At night, 2 short rows of the stars light up, but only two rows. Does anyone know if these can be turned off/adjusted? Cant seem to find anything about them in the manual or online.

Thanks in advance for any help, have a great day!

Are there any other files on the USB stick. The reason I ask is because I loaded a few albums in MP3 format onto a stick that had Word docs etc on as well and it didn't work and gave the same error message that you got.

Removed all non MP3 files and it worked ok.

Re video, I had it working by accident when I was playing round when I first got the car but I can't for the life of me I can't get it working now. That was with my wife's Samsung Galaxy S2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Thanks for your replies!

Nope, no other files at all on the USB.

I am determined to watch Harry Potter in the whip!! (coolest sentence ever)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Emily,

Fingers crossed I will have the adam this week and I also have a note 3, so I will report with the findings.

I can remember the dealership saying movies can be tricky sometimes, and you will only get the sound if you are moving. He did recommend that a USB stick would probably be the best thing to use (when parked / stationary).

Hopefully I will be able to help more later this week / early next!

Sam

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ready for some technical stuff?According to the manual
The playable movie file formats are .avi, .mpg, .mp4, .divx, .xvid and .wmv. The resolution of the files has to be within a range of 720 pixels in widths and 576 pixels in heights. The frame rate has to be less that 30 fps. Usable codecs are divx, xvid, mpeg-1, mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43) and wmv9 (wmv3). The playable audio formats are .mp3, .ac3, .aac and .wma. The displayable subtitle format is .smi.
though the filemay be an mp4, the video or audio could be an unsupported codec.easiest way to check is download vlc media player, then open the movie you want to watch, and then click tools, codec information, it will show the resolution, and audio and video codecs. you can then check that info against the supported list.Ley me know if their is anything confusing about how I have written this and I will try to clarify

1 - 6 of 6 Posts