Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I should post this info as I know people have been frustrated with the poor mpg. My Adam hit 7k this week. Last weekend I took it on a 200 mile round trip run to visit family from Swansea to Bristol. I did 75-80 on the motorway and since getting back, my mpg has increased from 43-44 up to 47-48? Has anyone else found this happening?

·
Registered
568 Posts
It helps the engine to run in when you take it on long distances. Longer journeys are the best for your car :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah once the car is fully ran in it'll be way better on fuel. I have a kia picanto 2012 until my Adam arrives. I bought it at 13000 miles and averaged 45mpg. Now it's at 24000 and I'm averaging 52mpg :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Doing 120 mile journey today.

Tempted to take the Adam just to see what MPG it gets.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It would definitely do it good Alex :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am really disappointed with my Adam when it comes to mpg. 2,000 miles and on Motorway journey, with careful driving, it gives me around 48mpg, and in London, this drops down to 33-34mpg. I was expecting better, specially on long journey. It's 87pm Slam.

·
Registered
568 Posts
On the mpg government acclaimed figures the urban mpg figure is really low so this brings city driving down to be rather expensive! The extra urban is more like motorway driving and that's why there's such a big difference between what we get in the city to what we get on the motorways

·
Registered
944 Posts
The problem is the official figures. Your never going to get what they say you can!

I don't think ~35/40MPG is too bad really. If it was a little 1L engine then I'd expect more.

If you want a small super eco car then there are plenty of better options compared to the Adam.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Of course Alex it's crazy to expect the mpg figures but I use them still by taking about 10 mpg off the combined to get closer to reality. My current car is claimed 67mpg combined but it gets between 50-60mpg from a 1.0l petrol so it's about 10 less than predicted government mpg so it can still be handy for a rough figure. I think between 40-50 is what I'm hoping for from my Adam if I'm lucky lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Id look for 30-40. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh my god I hope not! I get 50 at the moment. Was hoping for at least 45mpg. I only do motorway driving though really

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've had him for 7 months and I've done 4447ish I think it said earlier. I can get 370miles in petrol and keeps going up everytime I fill up.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Extremely shocked! My diddy little engine managed to produce 54mpg yesterday! It was a mix of motorway, city and countryside driving. Can't believe it managed that put I hope it keeps it up

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 1.4 87bhp glam does 39-42 thats motorway and B-roads and looking at ave speed it's 34mph,not great but it's better than our old 1.4 punto evo which was 35 mpg,works out £30 a week in petrol prob and roughly 250+ odd miles a week,were on 13,500 miles now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.