Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have had my Adam for just over 2 months now and I have now done 1,000 miles.
Before it clocked 1,000 miles my mpg stayed on 99 for most of my journey, but since it's changed to 1,000 miles it doesn't stay on 99 mpg whilst I am driving along. The only time it's on 99 is when my foot is off the gas pedal.
Has anyone else found this out and is this normal?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, I did notice this. I do 70 miles round trips to work so I'm always watching it go up and down wishing it would just stay on 99. I get roughly about 42.5 mpg out of mine which is better than my old car so it's not too bad :)

Forgot to mention, if you twist the bit on the left stick and change the menu screen it will tell you your MPG which is a bit more accurate. Just ignore the other that changes all the time :)Edited by: Emily0508

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is your instant MPG and it seems to be down to how much the pedal is being pressed so even if you've got it in 5th at reasonably low revs and press the pedal harder than normal, the MPG will plumet. So it's not that accurate:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks.

Feel better now that I know it's not just me who found this out.

Thanks Emily0508 for the tip, will try it next time I drive Adam. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's best to check mpg by rotating the select wheel on the left stick . Average MPG is displayed along with trip info. Mine has improved now that the car has about 3000mi on it. Trip to Scotland this week with car packed to the top with camping gear averaged 44.5mpg not bad!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the help.
More reassured now. :)

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.