Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have had my Adam for nearly 18 months and during that time the reading for MPG has always read 35.5. It doesn't change no matter whether I am stuck in traffic, driving around town or doing long trips on the motorway. Is there something I should be doing to reset it. Many Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I never find them that accurate and its calculated over a long distance I think. Sure you can track them but really the only true way of knowing is by brimming your tank and calculating how much you use manually.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am assuming it is stuck on your average miles per gallon, this can be reset by pressing the button in on the end of the indicator stalk,
Also you can change that display to other things by rotating the grippy section on the same stalk about an inch in from the end.
Sorry not great description let me know if you manage it. if not i will try get a picture up.

Also i have found that my average MPG is around 35-36 round town, on a longer run it does go up into the 40's but only on a decent 15 mile + run, with not too much stopping n starting.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine vary's all the time time. It does better when I am stuck behind a slow moving vehicle and it stays on 99mpg when my foot isn't on the pedal. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, when I first got my Adam it did use the fuel more quickly that it should of done, but I think it just needed to run itself in.
It will be better soon.

I have a 1.4 and I mainly drive to work and back and the fuel lasts me 2 weeks which I am happy with as my previous car lasted 2 weeks as well.

I don't look as much now as what mpg I am doing as I used to be constantly looking at it when I first got my car. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.