Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share how I'm finding my Adam so far as I've had him for just about 1 week now and it's starting to feel like my own car at last!
First off, I want to mention how smooth a ride it is. Going from a 14 year old Fiat Punto to the Adam I have noticed a far smoother drive on most roads, especially motorway driving. However, I have the 1.2 eco engine and I have found that this struggles to get me up big hills in 2nd gear. My grandmother lives on a hill and my Punto never struggled to get up that in 2nd gear with 2 people in the car, yet Adam has a tough time & I usually end up having to change down to 1st gear to make it all the way!
In terms of comfort and enjoyability I have zero complaints. I fitted my Adam with the Winter Pack (heated seats and steering wheel), Urban Pack, Intellilink, Electronic Climate Control, Infinity Speaker System and Panoramic Glass Sunroof and all of these things make for a fun and comfortable experience while driving. I took him for a spin up to the South Wales Valleys this week and with the sun coming through the roof, music blasting and cool air circulating around the car I was absolutely in my element.Also, night time driving is wonderful thanks to all the glowing lights and the ambience they create. Everyone who has sat in my passenger seat has commented on how cool the interior looks at night (and day as well to be honest) and I particularly love the feel of the interior at night.
I had a few issues getting the BringGo App to work when I used it first, but with a good play around you soon figure out how to get it going, and it is very useful. I love that I can use Spotify with the Intellilink system, even though it doesn't show artwork. If anyone wants to know, all you have to do is connect your phone via Bluetooth/USB & open spotify & start playing. This will override the iPod music playback, easy!
My only worry is leaving my car alone in a car park while I am at work! I'm sure everyone else feels similarly. I feel very protective over Adam and at the moment he has taken prime position on our drive, safely tucked away at night :) Overall, I am extremely happy with my Adam, and with the spec/colour/options I chose. Also had a great experience at my local dealership. If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them too!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Thanks for your review - you sound very pleased with him! Good news for everyone out there waiting on one at the moment
<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
22 Posts
I find that the 1.2 engine is very sluggish. Really have to put my foot down to get it moving and overtaking takes forever. Then i look at the dash and notice 18mpg average until i take my foot off the accelerator to make myself feel better and see 48MPG. Would say no no to the 1.2, never driven the 1.4 but for a small car, i think a 3 cyl polo or Up has smoother acceleration and better economy than the 1.2!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty good review.. I cant wait now :DDid you opt for the larger wheels? I stuck with the standard 16" but only test drove one with 17" which apparently have a sports suspension. I hope the 16" are comfortable and smooth as I did like the 17" but couldn't afford them as I upgraded the engine to the 1.4 eco. I get mine in September so got a long wait to find out what its like!!

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
16's should be more comfortable than the 17's - a bit more rubber between you and the road.<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 16 inch wheels. And I find it very smooth. I think the only thing I would change would be the engine size. Definitely would like more power now & again, but the 1.2 does what I need it to do just fine :) enjoy yours when you get it! x

·
Registered
206 Posts
how good is the sound system fross2 think its my best upgrade and my 1.4 87bhp is really sweet motor plenty quick now its been run in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its awesome! I am so glad I upgraded to the sound system because I love my music in my car. Done a few long trips now & loved every minute thanks to those great sounding speakers :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wasn't given any advice on upgrading the music system only to find out after buying the adam it only had front speakers the grills are in the back though, it's sound rubbish all at the front, I'm gutted & plus I've got to have a new intellink system as mine keeps losing connection.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It does say in the spec that the Jam only has 5 speakers...

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was in very very small print even the dealer had a job to see it, but nothing could be done as then they said it states it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
To be fair I didn't realise either. Might be possible to get someone to fit some aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It took them a day or so to check it out, then came back and said its 5 speakers. They stated it should've been bigger text. Bad printing on the vaxuhall behalf. Too late now stuck with it, and it's rubbish. But saying that I got no system at the moment got to have a new one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Need some advice off someone lol :), I might be buying me the adam jam the weekend, I've driven it and I do love it but the only thing that is concerning me is the length of the drivers seat where your thighs rest, how can I adjust the seat to get more support on the thighs? See I'm coming from a vw beetle so going to smaller seats is bothering me, I feel like my legs are just going to ache? But hopefully someone can understand where I'm coming from that owns an adam and can assure me that my legs will be fine? Lol thank you :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's got to be the worst car I've ever had, had it serviced two weeks ago, went to go out in it today, and it won't start, the vauxhall assistance has run out, but i remembered I was with the bank for AA I think it's the starter motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love the look of the car , I had the slam 1.2 but had so many problems with the intelilink system also radio comes on sometimes when not in car , sensors stay on at times it's like a little gremlin in the car been to garage so many times but they say they can't find anything wrong with it , it's my first car and I couldn't wait to get it but what a disappointment it's been

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my Jam since March, 1.4 eco, 16" wheels.Love the car to bits. You will like it..what colours have you gone for ??/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts