Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my Ally is 10months old and has lost its sparkle, currently nearly at 10,000miles on the clock. I brought (waited for ages for one) K2 Karcher pressure washer and snow foam (btw half price at Halford
)
I am planning on deep cleaning him this weekend. any thoughts and tips??
Im planning on:
Snowfoam (leave to soak for a while)Autoglym shampoo (wash) + Polish glassTar remover on base side pannels (white car so lots of black spots, tar or brake dust)Spray off with K2ClayHD Cleanser(spray off rinse and dry)PolishWaxGtechniq Glass rain repellant (on all windows + glass roof) & Gtechniq silo seal on paint work
any advice would be great.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds good to me! What time do you want me to bring my Steath round? ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could you post a link to the halfords snow foam offer please?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<a href="http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/pressure-washers-hoses/karcher-k2-compact-pressure-washer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cl...hers-hoses/karcher-k2-compact-pressure-washer
</a>
The K2 is a great pressure washer. I think it was over £139, but at £69 its a steal!
I got the CarPlan Demond SnowFoam and getting the Karcher snow foam lance for like £20.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Snow foam treatment
After wax

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shiny, are your parking sensors factory fit? Haven't seen one with them ! The Mrs wants.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AdamGlam79.. yes my car is fitted with the advance park assist from factory. I think from previous posts on here its hard/expensive to have parking sensors fitted after factory. worth a try if the Mrs wants them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to invest in mud flaps next winter! lol.
The white paint seems to dull in colour (if thats possible) since its polish and wax.. the paint looks like day 1 delivery shiny WHITE.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Get some iron out or similar fall out remover next. Iron is really noticeable on a white car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used gtechniq silo seal. it stops any fall out from sticking to the paint. also gives great beading and protection from sunlight UV damage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good. Because I picked mine up and asked for it NOT to be cleaned at dealership mine is actually pretty dusty and dirty! Wheels arnt too bad though. Will be giving mine it's first ever wash of Sunday to get it all shinny!

·
Registered
3 Posts
See for me I can't stand seeing my Adam dirty, i'll clean it every other week at an absolute minimum... maybe i just have too much time on my hands ay?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts