Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloI need a vin number and security code from an adam 1.4 WITHOUT start/stop and ideally 18" wheels. Its all above board and not dodgy. Ideally Pm'ed over so its not on the public forum.The technical part......(only read if you understand car ecu tuning!!)Ineed this for my Adam which has an engine conversion (1.6 turbo!!! pics to follow!)I cantget the speedo toread correctly and need a speedo map from a 1.4 non start/stop preferably with 18" wheels. the only way to obtain the speed map is from the vin number and security code..please help.... cheers.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You think many are willing to give a stranger on the internet vin codes and security codes?

Hardly surprising.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does sound pretty dodgey!

You can have mine, but i will need you account number, sort code, pin number, mothers maiden name, shoe size, inside leg measurement, full name, date of birth, address and the name of your 1st pet! ;-)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gez_BGB said:
Does sound pretty dodgey!

You can have mine, but i will need you account number, sort code, pin number, mothers maiden name, shoe size, inside leg measurement, full name, date of birth, address and the name of your 1st pet! ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it sounds dodgy as I mentioned in the first post. The vin number is displayed for anyone to see on your windscreen under the passanger side wiper and the 4 digit security code isn't any use to do anything dodgy.

If I was asking for the key number, vin number, security code and access to your car I could maybe steal it. Would I really risk leaving this rather big clue of who stole your car on a public website? Probably not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just gonna have to live with driving everywhere at 140mph.

Cheers for the help.

As I've said the security code is only used when programing in an electronic control unit on the car. (Engine ecu, body conrol unit, ect) as the programming of all new Vauxhalls is done online whilst connected to the car via the diagnostic port.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well 140mph is fast enough considering the fastest you are allowed to drive at is 70mph.

Also mine only has 16" wheels so no good to you any way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone is going to the performance Vauxhall show this weekend at Santa pod near Northampton, you'll see my car on the total Vauxhall stand.

When I say I'm driving everywhere at 140 that's what my clocks are saying I'm doing. This is the whole point to why I need the codes. The engine ecu tells the Speedo what to show and mine is telling it to show double the Speed. It's far to technical to explain to someone who knows nothing about car electronics.
Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you bloody nuts. Vauxhall built the 1.6t Adam and their test drivers couldn't handle it. You think you can??

Either get a Corsa VXR or if you really want power get an Astra Extreme. The Adam is fine with 150ps which will be coming soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No chassis changes. The Adam sits on a corsa chassis. The rear suspension is identical to a corsa. The front is nearly the same but has a slightly different subframe.

The engine and 6 speed box bolts in on the standard Adam mounts. It's got corsa vxr driveshafts and hubs all round.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was under the impression that the Adam ran on the Agila chassis.....guess I'm wrong

Must get quite twitchy when screaming round corners as the slam I used was ok round corners until it hit a bump, then it got all confused

Fair play to you trying something different I hope you find the info you need

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's got corsa nurburgring bilstein suspension all round, and the corsa nurburgring gearbox with limited slip differential. It corners very very well it's possibley the best handling fwd car I've ever driven.
It's definitely no agila, the agila is 95% suzuki. The Adam shares loads of parts with the corsa. And the corsa shares its chassis with the fiat punto!

I'm not gonna find the info I need on here as people seem to think I'm trying to steal their cars!!! If I wanted to steal one, I live less than a mile from a dealer who have loads in stock!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My stupid question is couldn't you just use the loom & ECU from the corsa? I did it on a few Calibra transplants as I've never been one for the electrical side of things. Or has someone already suggested that?

Problem is these days it's best not to trust anyone, not like forums from years ago

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nsmith1180 said:
Are you bloody nuts. Vauxhall built the 1.6t Adam and their test drivers couldn't handle it. You think you can??

Either get a Corsa VXR or if you really want power get an Astra Extreme. The Adam is fine with 150ps which will be coming soon.
I don't want a corsa vxr or an astra. How do you expect me to be able to afford an astra extreme at 30 grand? Also I know someone whose drove an Adam s and he said it isn't quick enough.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jm_ingham said:
Oh look at me I have an Adam with a VXR engine and I can drive fast.
I would expect a bit more respect from someone who works for Vauxhall. Obviously got no love for the brand. Keep your silly opinions to yourself.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vinny_69 said:
My stupid question is couldn't you just use the loom & ECU from the corsa? I did it on a few Calibra transplants as I've never been one for the electrical side of things. Or has someone already suggested that?

Problem is these days it's best not to trust anyone, not like forums from years ago
It's not that easy anymore, the corsa ecu isn't compatible with the Adams body control ecu.
I'm gonna keep the details of how it's running to myself as I spent a couple of months asking for help and no one was willing to help. I've worked it all out myself and it runs as if it was built this way. All the electrical systems work exactly as they should.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here's mine, listed on a public forum that anyone can see. To prove there is nothing of any danger to your car if your handing over your details. (I've blanked out the key number as you can get a key cut at a dealer using that number)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts