Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been talking to a Vauxhall customer service regarding the deals advertised on there website, and as suspected, none are for the ADAM, and mostly for the Corsa!
So just wanted to know, when everyone brought there NEW ADAM's, what kind of deals did you get with the dealers?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well the 0% par was awesome on the hp finance. I also got a voucher with £250 off a new Adam. I also haggled another £2000 off and went to two dealers. I'm now getting a high spec Adam for just £215 a month, no deposit, £12700 :D happy bunny I am!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good. I configured my ADAM and the total was £17,850. Ide get a personal loan to buy the car, pay off another loan and credit cards so its consolidated into 1 payment.
If I could get 2k off, plus what ever deposit I can put down from the sale of my car would be good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Because my mum was a member of a teaching union I got like 30% off of all my add ons plus the £250 voucher I found online. It's part of like a vauxhall partner programme and if you or a family member are a part of any of the partners you can get great discounts. Just search for it online or ask at you local dealer and they should be able to tell you. I managed to get around £850 off with all of plus haggled a bit.

For me I'll be paying 202 a month with the four year gap insurance included.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I put my car in for part ex and then the £250 voucher! So took that as the deposit which came to £2,000 and I've ordered the jam with no extras 1.2 engine costing me £132 per month 5years 0%!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Bargain!

Mines pre reg so had a fair few quid knocked off it already. Managed to get more off, money back with a referral voucher thing and mats chucked in too.

Mines the 1.4 Glam with the LED internal lights, the light up trim, intellilink and heated seats and wheel and just under £145 a month... For what I got I think it's an absolute bargain.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is, If I buy a brand new car, ide want everything with it. Otherwise in a year or so time, ide be thinking to myself "why didn't I get this added, why didn't I get the VXR pack" etc
I then wouldn't be happy with it and want something else.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes boot fairy I agree. I bought the car of my dreams with no expense spared so I would want to keep it as long as possible. I ended up pushing to the budget version price I picked anyways so I ended up with the best of both worlds. It doesn't always pay for you to knock options off your list because my dealer decided to give me most of mine free anyway

·
Registered
944 Posts
The only thing I still want is parking sensors and can add them. :)

I think intellilink and winter pack were a must for me... If they didn't have a car already with them then I'd of bought new.

Originally I wanted just red, wasn't fussed about the roof. Decided since though that it's a nice contrast. I'm going to get mine wrapped so will be pretty unique anyway!Edited by: alex

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it might be worth me visiting the dealer, going through everything with him ( not mentioning options ), and just see what he will include for free?
Could end up with £500 worth free, plus he might knock some off to get the price down?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Boot_Fairy - what spec have you ordered?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used the £250 voucher, plus a Vauxhall contribution of £1350 and then the partners' discount.
For my options below it's going to cost £98 a month :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
i got £45 off in every £1000 of the basic car price, plus 20% off on all extras and packs, £2342 in total saved so was really pleased!
Heres a list of companys that get discount, it can be a friend or family that work for them and all they need to do is register online, takes 2 minutes!

AA employees and their relatives

ADT Fire and Security employees and their relatives

Asda employees and their relatives

Armed Forces - Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force employees and their relatives

Avis employees and their relatives

Avon Cosmetics employees and their relatives

BAE Systems employees and their relatives

British Airways employees and their relatives

British Telecom (BT) employees and their relatives

Balfour Beatty employees and their relatives

Bosch employees and their relatives

CapGemini employees and their relatives

CSMA members and their relatives

Cadbury Schweppes employees and their relatives

Centrica employees and their relatives

Clarks (Shoes) employees and their relatives

Coca Cola employees and their relatives

Compass Group employees and their relatives

Driving Instructors (Qualified) employees and their relatives

EDS employees and their relatives

Fire Brigade Union and Rescue Service Members and their relatives

GE Capital employees and their relatives

Healthcare At Home employees and their relatives

HFC Bank plc employees and their relatives

Imperial Tobacco employees and their relatives

J C Bamford Excavators Ltd (JCB) employees and their relatives

John Lewis Partnership employees and their relatives

Kodak employees and their relatives

Legal & General employees and their relatives

Marks and Spencer Employees

Morrison Construction employees and their relatives

Mitie Group employees and their relatives

National Union Of Teachers (NUT) Members and their relatives

Nestle employees and their relatives

Newsquest Media Group employees and their relatives

Parcel Force employees and their relatives

Pertemps employees and their relatives

Police Federation members and their relatives

Post Office employees and their relatives

Prison Officers Association members and their relatives

Rank Group / Mecca Bingo employees and their relatives

Rentokil Initial employees and their relatives

Rolls Royce employees and their relatives

Royal Mail employees and their relatives

Richardson Projects employees and their relatives

SAGA group members, employees and their relatives

Siemens employees and their relatives

Tesco employees and their relatives

UNISON members and their relatives

Virgin employees and their relatives

Vodafone employees and their relatives

Waitrose employees and their relatives

Yorkshire Water employees and their relatives

Zurich employees and their relativesEdited by: L8ydg

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I havent ordered anything yet as im still looking at different options.
I had, 1.4l 16v VVT (100ps), Chrome pack, VXR pack, red pack, no sunroof, all over black, red logo bar, red decals, 17" 5 spoke twisted alloys.
Inside, all red trim, intellilink, led roof, leather seats, plus all the other extras.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just looked at your list.
I used to be employed by the rank group about 7 years ago, but not anymore :-(

·
Registered
568 Posts
Boot fairy go to a dealer and list everything you want. Before you go work out what it will cost then when you go, make sure they offer you far less than what you have listed. Don't be afraid to haggle as they seem to have a fair amount of movement with price if you add a few options on. Be firm and make sure you check out a few local dealers. My local vauxhall offered me £14500, I went to a one 10 mile away and ended up paying £12700 instead! Just goes to show the movement they can make

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My local dealer is managed by my uncles friend, and my uncle said to me to speak to him (my uncle) first, then go up and ask for the bloke.
Im not afraid to haggle lol, I embarrass my GF and mum when im out with them and start trying to make deals on everything lol.
Now, I did however, manage to save a picture of the outside of the ADAM I made:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Looks different...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried changing colours, and mixing things up, but I just didnt like them.
It was either this, or a white car, black logo bar, White + grey alloys, black roof.
Then inside White trim and leather steering wheel and gear knob, then on ebay you can get VXR black and white seat covers for the front and back.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Before adding stuff on, my Glam was £11055. Which is a saving of £2595. Had to pay full price for everything else. Still waiting for it though... Not long now!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts