Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, we've been reading the forums and waiting for our new Adam to arrive. Finally arrived this week, we went for the Jam and 'Glammed' it up! It worked out cheaper to accessorise the Jam into a Glam due to partnership discounts, saved a heap of cash for us so worth considering if you do get partnership discounts (you an get 20% discount on accessories and about 5% on the car itself with some of the partnership deals). The only draw back I've noticed doing that was the fact the Jam only has the front speakers which was disappointing but still a decent sound.

Have the iPhone 4S working with Siri through the Intelilink as well although have to read up on receiving the alerts for new texts.

Edited by: Swifties

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you've got the Intellilink you get the 7 speaker system. Ours has 7 speakers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for that bit of info. I've since checked the product info book (mistakenly picked up from a salesman's desk) which shows you are correct! I've emailed my sales fella (who has been super helpful all along) to point this out to him. Sounds (no pun intended!) like I am due an extra two speakers.

That's hopefully just saved us iro £200 to put more speakers in that I should have had already. Edited by: Swifties

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've never really looked to see if ours has actually got 7, there's two at the bottom of the front pillars, one in either front door, one in the middle of the dash and i'm not sure where the other two are!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jam has 5 speakers, glam and slam have 7 speakers. Doesn't matter whether it's intellilink or standard head unit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a jam and mine has 7 speakers... 2 behind the front seats in the back, two on each door, one in the middle of the dash and two at the bottom of the front pillars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are there actually speakers or is it just the grill where a speaker would go? Just wondering as this is the price guide.

The 10 relates to a note "Adam Jam models feature 5 speakers".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I happen to have a copy of the dealers and retailers Adam sales manual (not meant for customers use but given to use by mistake by a salesman - not the salesman we bought the car from!). It does state that the Jam comes with 5 speakers. That's 2 in the doors (1 each side) 1 in each 'A' pillar and 1 on the dash. However I've noticed in the accessories options of the sales guide, that when you upgrade to the Intellilink system it shows me that you get a further 2 speakers as Intellilink comes with 7 speakers as part of the upgrade. So in short, if you have a Jam and buy the Intellilink system you should have the full 7 speakers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
makes sense then! :) I don't have the intellilink im guessing the speakers in the back aren't actually speakers they are just there incase I upgrade lol. Do you know how much it is to upgrade to the intellilink?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it was £265 for the Intellink upgrade. I had a call from the sales chap yesterday who is checking my comments about 7 speakers being the norm when you buy the Intelilink. I think there are sooo many options they get confused themselves, prob didn't help that we basically 'Glammed' a 'Jam' as it worked out cheaper with all my discounts!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Checked ours, there's 7 speaker grills but the two in the back don't output any sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mtmcgavock - do you have a Jam or Glam? If its a Jam did you pay for the Intellilink upgrade? From what I've seen all of the Adams have the mouldings for the extra 2 rear speakers.

Dan - I would think it would be the same basic wiring loom for all the cars but I could be wrong!

I've had a chat with the sales chap and he is checking the situation for me, although the literature I have definitely shows that if you choose to upgrade from the standard audio system to the Intellilink then you get the 7 speakers included.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We have the Jam, and paid extra for the Intellilink. When purchasing the book said if you opted for the Intellilink then you got 7 speakers, obviously not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is my understanding as well, the upgrade gives 7 speakers, or should do as per the guide. I will be chasing this and have already sent a copy of the page that shows this info the the sales dept to look into for me. It costs enough for the upgrade to the Intellilink and to be fair the Jams that I drove I'm sure had rear speakers as well (and the Intellilink!), I would have queried it otherwise as this was a bug bear from our old car. Might be a small thing but its frustrating!

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I decided to find the book I downloaded when purchasing Adam, and I've got a paper copy too. He's the image dictating that you get 7 Speakers, no mention of the Jam having 5.

·
Registered
62 Posts
To be quite honest I don't think my dealer would be remotely interested and would probably just laugh in my face. So i've emailed Vauxhall Directly and I'm awaiting a response to see what they say, however i'm not expecting much.
I recommend you email too so they get a log of a few complaining. Email address:[email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Already been emailing them as I'm also trying to clarify possible warranty issues regarding using the USB with the iPhone.

At the moment General Motors seem to be giving 'politician answers' to my questions. In other words they replied in a round about way but haven't actually addressed my questions yet!Edited by: Swifties

1 - 20 of 21 Posts