Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from Vauxhall Customer Services that the new 1.0 litre turbo engine will be available to order beginning of June. I checked with them that it wasn't a secret, so here you are.I'll be down at the showroom on 1st June.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just hope your waiting for this engine is worth it.I would try and get a test drive of one if possible before ordering. I have driven the Fiat 500 twin air and while its fine around town its not as good as the diesel or the 1.4 petrol on anything else drive wise.
I'm in a similar situation as I am waiting to see if they release the new 1.6 diesel in the Mokka before I order one. I've driven the current 1.7 version and it is fine but I would rather wait until May/June to see if they are putting it in the Mokka.
Edited by: j3bnl

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have a Fiat 500 1.2 litre. It's as wet as a bag of fish. The Vauxhall engine has to better than that with virtually twice the bhp and torque. Our neighbour has a 500 Twin Air and she is delighted with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Stevethegreatgolfer said:
We have a Fiat 500 1.2 litre. It's as wet as a bag of fish. The Vauxhall engine has to better than that with virtually twice the bhp and torque. Our neighbour has a 500 Twin Air and she is delighted with it.
Yeh the 1.2 Vauxhall engine is dreadful too, my wifes current Corsa has that in it and gutless is being kind to it. it may have just been me but I found the 1.4 petrol to be best out of town. sure the new one will be way better than the current 1.2 petrol but that wouldn't be hard.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The sluggish 1.2 is actually far far better in the Adam due to it's lighter body. I had a regular 1.2 corsa d and an sxi 1.2 corsa d and the engine in the Adam feels somewhere in between :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
At the end of the day, its an Adam... people aren't buying it expecting it to be lightning quick... well,until the VXR is released! ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes true but shy away from the 100bhp with stop start as the Eco mode completely ruins the power! The regular non stop start version is a dream to drive :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ive got the 100 1.4 but im keeping the stop start/eco mode turned off haha. Only had it for cheaper tax and better resale value :/

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes l8ydg that's a good idea with resale value in mind. Please don't turn it on though, it's so slow with Eco on! The 1.2 felt faster when the 100bhp 1.4 had it's Eco on :0

·
Registered
367 Posts
Haha noway!? I wonder what the eco mode does then, just thpught it was the stop start that it turned on and off :/

·
Registered
568 Posts
No it prevents power after 4000rpm my dealer said and you could really feel it lagging in the gear!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just don't pull up next to some little punto chav and forget to turn it off haha that would be embarrassing :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
It should save you a lot of money then :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That stop/start thing sounds crazy, reducing overall power? Lots of manufacturers have stop/start now. Are they all lumbered with the same problem? The new 1.0 litre engines are only stop/start.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Musat admit, ive not heard anything like that... does make sense in a way though,restricting revs will make a different from an economy point of view...

·
Registered
568 Posts
It only restricts power when ECO is turned on. When ECO is off it's back to full power

1 - 20 of 31 Posts