Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just placed an order for a new Adam for my wife yesterday. Happy days, spec matched a cancelled order scheduled for manufacture on Wednesday so hope to get it in 2-3 weeks.

Quick query though. Car will have Intellilink, we both use Androids. Is their an android equivalent to Siri we can use to utilise text to voice and voice to text?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't think there is an equivalent, I've got an iPhone now but I did have an Android originally and I dont think I could do texts through the intellilink. I also had to have my iPod in there as I didn't have music on my phone. With my iPhone i can text, do phone calls, play music and use Siri to do things like 'play Queen' and all my queen tracks will play. I have to say Siri does find it very difficult yo understand me so sending texts has been very difficult

·
Registered
162 Posts
My Samsung S5 allows me to use voice to call and text, so did my Nexus 5, I also have the works iPhone 5 paired for when on business and that does all features,
I can't use siri with my Android phone as for obvious reasons its an Apple product but it will still text when I tell it to and call who I ask, just isn't as stable as Siri so will sometimes call the wrong person, but it all works,
CarPlay for apple devices and Android car will also be released early next year for upgrades on the intellilink according to Google and Apple websites, just Google carplay and you can see when it comes to Vauxhall EU Intellilink says coming 2015.
Hope this all helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.