Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group,

I have just dived into buying an ex-demo Adam Jam 1.2! I currently have a Pug 207 until 30th Jan when I will be able to take ownership of the AJ.

I am Gareth, 30 and live in Doncaster and my AJ will be commuting to and from Doncaster & Sheffield so may pass some of you guys and gals on my travels.

I work for a passenger train operating company from Sheffield station and have been doing that for the last 6 years, before that I worked in a retail chain dealing with computer repairs and sales.

I known next to nothing about mechanics, as long as AJ gets me from A-B I will be happy and if it misbehaves then I will be poking brains on here to get some help before going back to the dealer

I have had previous experiences with Vauxhall in the past, I passed my test in a P reg Corsa and the car that contributes my hatred of the name and refuse to own one unless its the last car left on the planet and had a bigger 1.8 SXi Astra.

Well that is me hope to enjoy the discussions in and around the place

Gaz

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome along , you'll soon be hooked with our nattering 😊🚙🚘

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome. My sister lives in Doncaster so you might see me driving around. I have 1.2s/s sweet greens with black pack black roof absolutely love my little jam:)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome.
Im in East Yorkshire so not far away!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i like the red enjoy it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sparkle831 - post some pictures of yours when you get it. love seeing all the different variations

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after a couple of days driving my AJ here is the verdict

I was under no illusion stepping down from a 1.6hdi to a 1.2 wouldn't be noticeable but AJ is nippy when at the right speed, it wont win any red light races but I've never driven a car that way anyway.

Cruise Control - omg where as that feature been all my life! get to 70 click the button an AJ become a smaller version of Knight Industries Two Thousand, Just missing the car speaking to me!

Fuel consumption - Well the 1.6hdi had a tank that held £60 of diesel which showed 620miles on the count down whereas AJ as roughly 280-290miles on count down but after filling up the day I got AJ he is now at just over half a tank.

I am using V-Power petrol and will continue to use that as the range it offers is noticeable after pro-longed use and it was the fuel of choice for the Astra as well.

But needless to say the button I feared the most was the "city" the steering wheel becomes light as a feather and a misplaced sneeze will turn the car 180o I have been loving it getting around the cramped car park at work :D

Overall its smiles from me and I enjoy my 45min commute in AJ :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts