Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here so Hi. Ordered my Adam end May and still waiting. Seems Im not the only one being given misleading delivery info. Originally Dealer told me 6-8 weeks from order. Vauxhall then said 6-7 from build date (which Ive still not had) Then 16 weeks from order date etc etc etc. One of my other concerns is why the TV Advert has disappeared. Any ideas ? I dont want to finish up with a new car that has flopped !!! What are my rights to cancel and like others I feel grieved Ive not received the free petrol although Ive still not got my vehicle. To those who have now received your Adam how pleased are you and to those still waitng how many of us are there ? Finally does anyone know the quantity sold as Ive never seen one on the road !!!! Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi Shelly
I ordered my adam on April 7th , got first tick on may 8th
Got 2nd tick on June 20th then 3rd this week ,
My little car arrived yesterday , and pick it up on Tuesday 😊
Did arrive with the wrong colour alloys but its getting sorted
That first time sitting in your little car will be so worth the wait , good luck , Ange

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I got my Adam in the middle of March after ordering in November so I know what waiting is like, but it is worth the wait. I have been ill this week and have not driven my car and I've missed it! I can honestly say it's the best little car I've ever had and I change my car a lot. I've driven Zafiras, Corsas, Suzukis, Renaults, minis and Fiats (inc Fiat 500- which I did love) None of those cars can match the Adam for specs. Have a look in the Gallery at my photos. Everyone on here loves their car.
As for the date, dealers always seem to tell you what you want to hear, get a tracking number off them and track your build at trackmyvauxhall.co.uk. Angeollys time frame for a between ticks seems pretty standard, so once the first tick arrives you'll know when to approx. expect the 3nd and 3rd tick. It seems that at the moment orders now are for delivery in September, about 12 weeks. I would think that's a sign of good sales, but I'm not sure.
I did try to get a deal off my Vauxhall dealer on a new Adam for a friend and the discount was pathetic - I take this as another sign of good sales - they don't need big discounts to sell? I am only guessing here.
Since I got my Adam I've only seen 2 near me, but I know through here that another has appeared down the road from me. They have only been on the road since March, so I wouldn't expect to see too many yet anyway.
As for the advert I have to admit I wondered where it had gone too, but Vauxhall only seem to push the Corsa a lot. It was a rubbish ad anyway - I hope they are investing in a new one that shows the cars specs instead of people painting and dancing.
Lika I said read the threads on here and see what people think, but I don't think you'll regret the wait

PS. What specs have you gone for?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got mine last week from stock. The £500 free fuel comes on a loaded Visa card which can take up to 28 days to arrive after you collect car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just seen my first Adam on the road. Red 13 plate near near annesley . Hello whoever you are !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello
I've had my Adam for nearly a month now and I am loving him!! Defo the best car I've ever had, not that I've had many cars but to go from a Peugeot 207 to this was like heaven!! It will be worth the wait. I was one of the lucky ones and my car arrive a week earlier than expected.Wishing you all the best with your order

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I'am sure it will be worth the wait. Unfortunately I have no patience want everything now so bought
off the forecourt but very pleased all the same! I changed the wheels and the dash and just got an accessories
brochure printed out from local garage so expect I will be adding more eg spoiler, bonnet decals etc
don't know if anyone waiting knows but I was told the German plant where they are assembled closes
down all of August for there annual hols!

·
Registered
229 Posts
get mine first of sep adam glam 1.4 (100) brown ive seen the advert lots and on bill boards at england games and def need new advert showing the car not people painting

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know! If I had seen the advert I would not have got the car. I chose mine on a whim at the dealer showroom. Went in for a Corsa!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts