Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone !

Quick one regarding driving noise.

Seen a couple of reviews where the reviewer has said that the car is quite loud on motorways, just wanted to know your experiences ? My Adam won't be arriving till May so I like to know about little details like this !

Cheers !

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine isn't noisy at all on motorways it drives really easy on motorways.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tracey.A said:
Mine isn't noisy at all on motorways it drives really easy on motorways.
I've noticed in my current car I have to speak quite loudly when travelling on motorways, do you have to do the same ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
For a small car, it is remarkably quiet on the motorway.... I was quite impressed...Im a mechanic and have driven most makes/models and for comfort and quietness the adam definitely hold its own

·
Registered
407 Posts
No I dont need to talk any louder. I just talk normally. I like how it drives. My C3 used to go loud after 70mph but in the ADAM I dont realise the speed as the engine doesnt sound different to me Edited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
38 Posts
Contrary to what some of the press reviews have said, I don't think its noisy at motorway speeds.The only thing I would say however. is that you get the feeling it needs to go up a gear. A six speed box would have been nice.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tracey.A said:
No I dont need to talk any louder. I just talk normally. I like how it drives. My C3 used to go loud after 70mph but in the ADAM I dont realise the speed as the engine doesnt sound different to me
Surprised you say that re engibe. Like Rob I agree it definately sounds like it could do with a sixth gear!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've not found noise at motorway speeds to be an issue, though my previous car was horrendous for it. That said I do have Absolute 80s blaring away most of the time.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine is much quieter than any car I've had before however I have noticed it's got a little roar to it when pulling in the street or out of it at low speeds.

·
Registered
944 Posts
So I think everyone agrees its fairly quiet for a little car then!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts