Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up my new adam jam oct 13 its since been back to vauxhall 3 times and the 4th time is this weds due to a bad grinding noise from the rear brakesvisit 1 ..... rear shoes and drums cleaned and told was fixedvisit 2 ..... new shoes and drums fitted and again was told was fixedvisit 3 ...... new shoes again but not drums and then was told that the adam being small would have noisy rear brakes! i must say the noise is terrible at times like a warped rubbing grinding noise I'm wondering is any1 else having these same problems? any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took mine in at 400 miles and they cleaned them up, has been much better, just a slight noise but not grinding.
Hope it doesn't recur like it has for you.
Try complaining to vauxhall about it

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the same grinding noise a little while ago, whatever it was it seems to have stopped. There was another post on this issue which I found last time which said if the discs get wet through cleaning or just rain and then left to dry a thin layer of rust will build up on them which will then wear off, I've cleaned my car since and it has happened like this but no where near as bad as the first time for anywhere near alsong.

Was it/is it when you're slowing down to like junctions so like the 10-20mph range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the rear brakes that are noisy and they are shoes and drums not discs and pads,
I think it's a cheaper way for vauxhall but a mistake as they just seem trouble and it's noisy at any speed really but does start to get louder the more u slow down and it's like a buckled grinding noise

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got that noise too
had it back to the garage and they cleaned the rears and put copper ease on the shoes,worked for a week or so but came back.
living with it atm but will get them looked at again at first service in a couple of weeks,got a feeling its the damp weather,might be getting water in or something.
hope vauxhall find a fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine went back today it's only done 1400 miles and it's 4th time back, got a call from vauxhall sayin that they are bringing out a new braking system and mines the first on the list to have it fitted in 2 weeks time so this problem must be happening more than I thought. Hope it's sorted then

·
Registered
431 Posts
Glad little bugs are getting fixed! do you recon new build cars will have these bug fixes put on new cars, I'm waiting for mine to arrive in march. I have a list of little things to ask the dealer, this site has given me some points to raise when I collect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thank God thought it was just me, my first week terrible grinding from the front n/s wheel thought they were just bedding in. Second week nothing, now into my third week its come back again. This shouldn't be happening on a new car my 2012 Astra never even squealed once. What should I do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd get back to vauxhall and be persistent! If had listened to them sayin oh small cars have noisy brakes and not my bf who kept telling me it's not right regardless of the system vauxhall use, I'd still be thinkin it's ment to

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sent an email to motorcodes last night see what they come up with, i sent an email weeks ago about something else, their area manager was gonna look into it but hadn't herd anything so i sent one saying "have you herd anything" this was like 2 weeks after he replied to my original and has been 2weeks since i sent that one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts