Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just ordered my adam glam (so excited to get it!)Anyway, I just wanted to know does anyone know if you can/ has anyone already chosen from a list of number plates for it or are we just given one?

·
Registered
187 Posts
As far as I know you are just given one. My inlaws have just had a corsa too and they were told they couldn't choose one either

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive just been to the garage today to sort out my number plate as my adams coming on Thursday hopefully :) they had already chosen my number plate. i was expecting to choose my own but hey ho :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah how exciting! How long have you waited for it? I did just ring my dealer and they said no. Obviously Vauxhall don't do it .. oh well it will be a surprise :)Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive only been waiting 7 weeks, i was told 16 weeks and its been a lot quicker than i expected so thats good :) cant wait now ....hehehehe

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didn't get a list but the dealer did tell me she tried to get one with my initials in it but there wasn't any available

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cant get a list of number plates anymore apparently. When the car arrives on UK soil it gets registered with the DVLA str8 away. This is what my dealer has told me anyway!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been told the same Steve! I did want to find out why and the salesman just said that it might just be the smaller places that let you chose the plate.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I'm going back a good few years now but from what I recall the dealers used to have a list of registration plates and used to let you pick from them.<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">
<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
94 Posts
As im now not going to get my Adam till at least mid Aug (dealer told me delivery was 6 weeks ) I've said i want the vehicle registered 1 Sep . Vauxhall H/O have said the cars do not get registered until the dealer sorts it so who ever has been told they are registered when they arrive in the UK has been lied to. Surprise surprise surprise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I was planning the same, wanted to pick my own number plate but dealer told me the DVLA has stopped allowing people to choose their own plates. They want people to pay £250+ on their website for personalised plates.

He did say I would get given a number plate and if I really didn't like it (offensive or something I couldn't live with) he could request another plate. However I would only get 2 reject options then I would have to be stuck with the 3rd option given.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your car gets registered when the dealer gets it.. I got a privet plate so it dont bother me
Edited by: Lizy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand now that its automatically done. I've got my plate now and its fine:) but its not registered until Sept (as its going to be a 63). I have been to see it recently as it arrived end of July and I love it, cant wait to take it home:) Thank you for your replies!<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDivOn';" style="display: none;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display:none">

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

1 - 19 of 19 Posts