Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Hope your well ... I've had my Adam just over 2 months now ... and I washed it for the first time yesterday ... however I noticed after cleaning all the mud off ... that some marks weren't coming off ...
I think it might be oil ... it's the part of the car where the door meets at the bottom ... it looks like i've splashed water onto the bottom of the door when it's been open and there are holes there with grease in and this has caused the oily, greasy water to run down the white part of the car under the door when its closed and it won't come off ...
Has anyone got any ideas how to get it off?

I know you can get grease, petrol, oil removers but I know that is normally for the road when you've spilled it and I didn't want to ruin the surface of the car.
Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Try an alloy wheel cleaner, it removes break dust as well. spray on and wipe off with microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll pop to Halfords later on ... I didn't notice there is a similar post in the review section of the forum .. .should look next time before asking lol .. thanks though :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
autoglym wheel clean is good. sometimes break dust can spray onto bodywork and stick like solid lumps. don't leave spray on paintwork too long, butautoglym wheel clean is suitable for all surfaces. good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi guys... please don't use alloy wheel cleaner on your car.... its really acidic and causes damage to wheels, never mind paintwork....

To take marks off the paint, use tar and glue remover followed by a bit of love with a quality wax

For wheels, (and im not taking the p%*s)..... hp brown sauce...use it like a polish...

I was shown this by a detailer who worked for a dealer who does aston, Ferrari , lambo, Porsche etc so he knows what he is doing.... it does work well

He also uses peanut oil on black plastics and mouldings.....

When he does a car you wouldn't know whether to eat it or drive it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Showroom shine brilliant !!!! Waterless cleaner from ideal world used it on my last 2cars not only cleans but protects as well my Dave (adam jam )never been washed with water watch the demo on you tube does whatit says on the tin :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I do agree.... quick to use and a nice finish with no residue.....don't like it on windows though. although it says you can use it

·
Registered
431 Posts
using waterless cleaners is great and quick. but using it with a cloth that turns into sandpaper on the paintwork and your end up with swirls and scratches on your paintwork as your not washing away dirt.autoglym wheel cleaner has no acid, but personal choice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No its got waxes in that lift the dirt out and disolves it so no grit in the cloth and I use microfibre cloths as well never has left swirls in my paintwork being useing it for years like you same personal choice I love it :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I use showroom shine it's brilliant stuff. I get the marks your on about. Spray the showroom shine on and leave for 2seconds and the marks are gone. It's a waterless cleaner. Plus it protects your paintwork against things like tar when they resurface the roads. I highly recommend it I'm on my 3rd bottle and have used it on every car I've owned.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had those marks on my yellow adam first time i washed it and couldnt get them out. so i bought the showroom shine months ago and only got round to using it yesterday. I gotta say its the best thing i ever bought. got the marks off no problems and car look good as new now :D very pleased with it

·
Registered
78 Posts
you certainly have, my alloys look almost good as new, i say almost because as i whipped all the dirt away i noticed i had scuffed one of them a little :( should have left them dirty lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I had this and believe this is the delivery wax to protect the car from damage when they are shipped then jet washed off before being sold at the dealership, I did manage to get it off but it take a lot of scrubbing with soapy water but eventually it came off, failing that you could approach the dealership, hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts