Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After wanting an Adam for a while now, I have been made a good offer for my Part Ex so have placed my order!
In the end we spent 5 hours over 2 days at Vauxhall which I thought was quite a long time but obviously needed to make sure I knew what I wanted and wanted to get it 100% perfect for me!

So my 62 plate Chevy is being part exed for the Adam.
I took the Adam for a test drive, I drove a Slam and was surprised at how nippy it was and it handeled really well.
Just need to get use to driving a manual again as my Chevy was an Auto. So for this reason I made sure I tried out the hill assist in the Adam, and found that worked really well too! Overall I was very impressed hence why it assured me I wanted one!

As I have seen in other posts, I am dreading the long wait now.
They say about 8 weeks, so it will be a 64 plate which I don't mind as I don't like odd numbers anyways lol!
I am also hoping it comes before the new year so I can still get the last of the lifetime warranty!!!

I have already had 2 sleepless nights, so here's to 8 weeks more!

It's hard because it's like a blind date, I have spent big money on something I haven't seen! All I've seen is a small picture of it on the top of my order form so I can imagine when the day comes to picking it up, I might get a little emotional seeing her for the first time and just knowing that I designed that car from roof to wheel!

So I'm expecting a phone call tomorrow morning about the car and when to expect it etc so am very excited about that! I have also heard people on here being able to track the car themselves so I'm sure if I can do that I will be checking up on it every minute!

So excited!!!!
AmbzEdited by: Ambz247

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations! What have you gone for options/colour wise?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let it be blue and black roof.
Intellink, winter pack, reverse sensors, panoramic roof, interior light pack.
1.2 S/S.
Have started to track it online now but no build date yet, still early days I guess.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice snuggle warm bum 🚙😋🚘

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ambz247 said:
Let it be blue and black roof.
That is the same colour as the test car i drove . it looked amazing! great choice.

Did you get the rear spoiler. it really finishes off the look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't know rear spoilers existed till I a couple of days ago reading on here lol. Might be something I could add later on though...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lady from Vauxhall phoned me this morning and said the estimated delivery date will be 15th January.
Still have no build date for my car though on the tracker...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ambz247 said:
Didn't know rear spoilers existed till I a couple of days ago reading on here lol. Might be something I could add later on though...
Speak to your dealer now and add it to your order as it is fitted and sprayed by the dealer when the car arrives with them. it cost me about an extra £100. so glad i did it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Says I have been allocated a build date yesterday so just wandering now when the car will actually be built! Also says car should be ready first week in January!!!Edited by: Ambz247

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vauxhall have just got back to me and the spolier in total will cost me about £450 plus VAT for it to be painted, labour costs and the spolier it's self!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 1.2 isn't nippy at all, you need at least the 1.4 or the new 1.0l after owning the 1.2 for over 18 months!
Also the MPG on the 1.2 isn't all they claim, get about 40mpg combined.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not too bothered really about it being nippy, I'm sure it will be fine for me :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
mtmcgavock said:
The 1.2 isn't nippy at all, you need at least the 1.4 or the new 1.0l after owning the 1.2 for over 18 months!
Also the MPG on the 1.2 isn't all they claim, get about 40mpg combined.
You driving like Lewis Hamilton then?

I've Exact same engine and pushing 60 mpg most of time and about 42mpg in my 14 plate Corsa VXR!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Our Corsa is the 1.2 engine and no way do we get 60mpg.. On a slow cruise (50/60mph) might get mid 50s but in reality at 70 mph it's more like high 40's.

The new 1.0 litre turbo is expected to get around 60 so don't see how the older 1.2s could get near that

·
Registered
944 Posts
42mpg from a Corsa VXR? I'd sell it if I were you... Your not driving it properly!

·
Registered
162 Posts
alex said:
42mpg from a Corsa VXR? I'd sell it if I were you... Your not driving it properly!
Hahaha!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts