Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just thinking, as there seems to be quite a few of us on here, what everyone's view on having sub groups in the Owner's Club for your regional area? for Example, South West, South East, East Anglia, London, Midlands etc etc?

Sorry if I am talking out of turn or anything, just wanted to put it out there

Cheers all!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Makes sense! It's how it used to be in the corsa and the tigra forums I was part of! :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
It's not a bad idea really, most other sites do.

I'll put my name down as an organiser for Yorkshire. ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I was wondering if any one else has had any thoughts about this? as one club to cover the whole of the UK would be differcult to arrange meet-ups for all, so sub groups do seem like a way to manage meet-ups/convoy runs/days out/anything else.

Its just a pain I have to wait till the end of May/start of June for my Adam as I would be happy to get involved in the SouthEast sub group as Organiser or something

·
Registered
469 Posts
There is a thread going with who is in what region as someone done a poll for it.
So once each region thread is created, really a vote needs to be cast to make sure everyone is happy with the person organizing everything for the rest of there location.
Also, a vice area rep needs to be voted on, just incase of anything.
Once these have been done, meet locations can be arranged, days out etc.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've already done a Poll on this! But was Hopeing someone who's in charge of the site to sort that out but I'd be willing to take on the north east section lol :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Why don't we just use sensibly named posts to do this such as 'North east meet' 'South East meet' etc so that everyone can still talk together about other stuff

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boot_Fairy said:
There is a thread going with who is in what region as someone done a poll for it.
So once each region thread is created, really a vote needs to be cast to make sure everyone is happy with the person organizing everything for the rest of there location.
Also, a vice area rep needs to be voted on, just incase of anything.
Once these have been done, meet locations can be arranged, days out etc.

I agree with that, some one needs to pester Dan the main man here then

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rodyr5 said:
Why don't we just use sensibly named posts to do this such as 'North east meet' 'South East meet' etc so that everyone can still talk together about other stuff

That's not a bad idea either.

But I was thinking maybe Dan Mr Admin could add a "Meet Up" folder on the forum so every one can do stuff in that then, maybe?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes a meet up folder would be good :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
A meeting's folder is needed, then one person ( area rep ) creates a post for there region so people from that region can talk meeting locations, times places etc.
Another post can be then created later on in a few months for joint meet's from surrounding areas.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sounds cool :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Vote Alex for Yorkshire organiser... ;)

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've PMd Dan, will see what he says.

As a side note I've created a Facebook page for the club, you can create events via it and I can assign admins etc. could possibly be used to sort things?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, keep in contact aswell.
I do on the UKHCC and UKHCOC.
PM everyone and if having meets its sometimes easier to talk if you dont have numbers.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Im just setting a few things now. ill PM you a link and you can have a look? See if it will let you post to the wall, create events etc?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep I think that'd be a good idea... maybe if we get sub groups for different regions we could have the 'spotted' section too so it's easier to find out who you've seen on the roads in that region...?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts