Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum and look forward to participating in it.
Purchased my Vauxhall Adam 2015 a few weeks ago. It is the 1.4 petrol.

After a few weeks while idling the service ESP light would come on and resultant to this a few times the engine management light also come on.
When switching the vehicle off and restarting it would get rid of the service ESP light but engine management light would return.

Electrician diagnosed as faulty thermostat so replaced and engine management light went away.

Another error P0171 fuel trim lean message returned by the diagnostic machine.
While idling the car errors service ESP message.

Replaced spark plugs - message still appears.

I was wondering if someone has had this and what would be the fix to this.

Another interesting point is that when I first start vehicle it is fine, but after 2 minutes or so sewing machine type tapping sound can be heard. Not tappits as such but like a constant light ticking sound like a sewing machine. Goes away when restarting car -can drive without the sound after 5-10 minutes but upon idling it will return and error service ESP comes on.

Very strange and hope someone who may have had same issues can help.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts

After a few weeks while idling the service ESP light would come on and resultant to this a few times the engine management light also come on.
When switching the vehicle off and restarting it would get rid of the service ESP light but engine management light would return.

Electrician diagnosed as faulty thermostat so replaced and engine management light went away.

Another interesting point is that when I first start vehicle it is fine, but after 2 minutes or so sewing machine type tapping sound can be heard. Not tappits as such but like a constant light ticking sound like a sewing machine. Goes away when restarting car -can drive without the sound after 5-10 minutes but upon idling it will return and error service ESP comes on.

Many thanks.
Hello there! While I can't tell you much about this code on an Adam but before my Adam I had a Corsa and I had that code come up. This was linked to the exhaust system and there was a hole in the manifold. Get this looked at as soon as possible as the cost was just under £200 and I drove with it for a month and it caused another exhaust issue and I ended up paying even more.
Hope this helps and it gets sorted :)
-Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts

Many thanks.
I have a similar issue but without the lights!!

When ignition is on and engine first started, there is nothing, but after driving for just 5 mins, when idling there is a tapping only audible inside the car (with doors/windows closed), if switched off and restarted, it disappears until driven again. Only just purchased for my daughter but has been back to sales garage twice and allegedly fixed, but on both occasions its returned "fixed" only to happen again.

Very frustrating as i've explained, demonstrated and videoed the issue, only for the technicians to consider fixed.

At time of writing its now going to a Network Q for an examination.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The error code description:
The OBDII trouble code P0171 - System Too Lean means that the engine air-fuel mixture is too lean, or there is too much air and too little fuel. Driving a car with the code P0171 can cause more damage to the engine over time, as when the engine runs lean, the combustion temperature is higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts