Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up really. After ordering my Adam in march and waiting for what felt like the longest two months of my life, my Adam was finally ready last Thursday (2nd May). When I went to collect him I noticed there was a problem with the paintwork. It looks like little silver ish marks on the paintwork. These are quite small but they are literally all over my car!! The marks are weird they kind of look like water marks but they do not come off!! It's like they are under a few layers of the paintwork or something. I told the sales guy at the time and he fetched the head paint shop manager and he had a look. No-one knows what it is so far! He was appalled at how bad it was. It's weird as you can only see it in certain lights or if you look really closely. Pentagon said to me that they would arrange to get it polished to see if that will bring them out. I am pretty sure it won't get them out, you can tell its under the paintwork. So anyway, I had arranged that I would take the car back to them yesterday and they would give me a courtesy car whilst they look at it. But when I got there I found out that the guy who has been dealing with me all along had left!! Then I also found out that he hasn't bothered to hand over to anyone and tell the other sales guys at Pentagon about the problems I am having. So I turned up and no one knew anything about it! Urgh I was so annoyed!! After being there a while and going through the procedure again of showing them all the marks I finally got my courtesy car and left it with them to be looked at. After I got back and parked up I noticed that the courtesy car (which is also an Adam but in red, mine is purple) also has the same marks all over the car!!! I am so shocked!! There is obviously a major issue with the Adam paintwork at the moment. It also makes me question how much they actually check the cars before they give them to you. I am so annoyed about this so kind of wanted to rant about it but mainly I wanted to warn all of you!! Please check your car!! They are hard to see at first but once you spot them that's all that I notice
Edited by: Purpleadam

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Purpledam .I have ordered a purple fiction Glam so willdefinitelybe looking out for that,are they anywhere in particular .i.e.the bonnet ,door panels etc or just all over ?
Hope you get it sorted soon ,keep us posted .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No probs just something to look out for really! We first noticed it on the bonnet, but as we looked further they are all over, every single panel has lots of them

·
Registered
16 Posts
On seeing your post, I immediately rushed out to examine my red Jam, thankfully all appears fine.
You must be gutted, so disappointing and NOT acceptable.
Hope they get it sorted for you pronto.
Thanks for letting us all know.

Please let us know what happens, power in numbers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear that yours is ok.

No it is not acceptable, yet the sales manager doesn't seem like he really cares about it! Very frustrating.

I will keep you all updated.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, as mentioned above please keep us updated. Hopefully you get it sorted and quickly. Salesman has your money so his job is done (as far as he is concerned) - just keep pressing him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Had a phone call to say that they have managed to get all the marks out after having it machine polished. The services manager has said that he has taken it out into the natural daylight to check and they have all come out as far as he can see. Am due my car back tomorrow so will be checking this myself of course! I am getting the paint guard protection treatment put on my car free of charge because of the problems!! Also made sure that they brought my car back to me on a carrier. I didn't see why I should have to do all the running around for this error and also I didn't want extra miles put on my car!! Will be checking everything tomorrow when I get it back and hopefully it will all be sorted now. Edited by: Purpleadam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fingers crossed, let us all know what happens.

Don't let this take the shine off the car -no pun intended!- as the Adam is fab.

Good for you insisting on a carrier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im getting the coat on mine anyway ,so hopefully they will make sure its ok.Glad you are getting yours sorted .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

My car got delivered back to me this morning. Checked it before they took it off the carrier and found that it still has marks on it!! Most of the smaller ones have gone but it has left the bigger ones behind!! They are obviously under a few layers of the paint. I am so annoyed!! Sent the car straight back with them. I have told them that I do not want it polishing again as it will be taking off too many layers of paint and this will cause problems further down the line. Also said I don't want it respraying as the colour may not be exactly correct and this also may cause problems later. I have said that I want a new car ordering. Really not happy. I have been told that it is now being dealt with by vauxhall themselves instead of the dealer and so they now have the final say about what happens. I am so disgusted. The sales manager tried to fob me off by saying that it looked ok in the light outside of the sales room and it will probably be ok when they take it off the carrier and you probably can't see the marks then!! How dare he?! If the marks are there I want them removing regardless of whether you can see them in certain lights or not! He said that 6 people had checked the car for marks before it left this morning so obviously all 6 of those people are blind as the marks left behind are the biggest ones!!

Not happy!!

Will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dennis Crook is head of the CustomerLiaisonDept at Vauxhall but I actually dealt with Simon McGuiness at Vauxhall and he authorisedthem tobuild me a new car when mine was sent with wrong colour roof. It took me a week to get to speak to someone with enough clout to authorise it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gutted for you mate, mine was just full of oily black gunk after coming from the factory, but by the time I was allowed to take it home it was all sparkly. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for those names, they may come in handy! Gonna see how they attempt to handle this and if I'm not happy with that I will definitely be using them!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well well well. Utterly fed up now.

They just aren't listening to me anymore! Got a phone call from the services manager and he said that when they got the car back the marks just wiped off!! Then contradicted himself by saying that he would have to polish out the remaining marks!! He is really rude and am fed up of dealing with him now. Tried ringing vauxhall customer services and after speaking to what must have been the stupidest girl that works there, she said she would get in touch with the dealer which I bought my car from and would get back to me. Surprise surprise I have heard nothing. I keep telling them I do not want it polishing anymore as the paint will be so thin!! They just aren't listening. Tweeted to vauxhall customer services yesterday and got a reply, saying someone would be in touch that day. Heard nothing back. I am so sick of this now. I have done some research and know that I am within my rights to reject the car if they don't sort this out within three attempts of fixing it. So they have one more chance. Any advice???

·
Registered
16 Posts
So so sorry to hear. Go to trading standards and ask advice, also threaten then that they have breached their contract.

Put EVERYTHING in writing.

Feel so mad for you, come on everyone, any other advice, let's pull together.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't know if you've got access to Facebook because Vauxhall have a page on there. A week ago or so there was someone complaining about their metallic paint looking cloudy, like clouds were reflected in the paint, but it was part of the finish. Don't know if he got anywhere though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like your having a total nightmare. I'd also suggest contacting trading standards and then tell your deal you have done this. They won't be happy about trading standards being involved so it should make them sort it out once and for all.
Hope it all gets sorted soon for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Purpleadam. Did you ever get your paint sorted? I ask because I have a purple Adam too and I think I have the same problem. The marks on mine are mostly on the back and rear panels, but I've only noticed them recently after picking up the car in June. They look almost like air bubbles under the lacquer on the paint, but on a couple of them the lacquer has cracked as if the bubble has popped.I could only see one when I first took it to the dealer, and they agreed there was a problem and said they would fix it. I then noticed more of these marks, and called vauxhall again, but now because I've said I want the whole car resprayed vauxhall have miraculously decided they're stone chips! There's no way they are fobbing me off with that. There isn't even any chip ln most of them, they're more like air bubbles! I don't know what to do now, but I don't want a 3 month old car with poor paint work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've taken my car to an independent body shop todayto ask what they thought about these marks. They said that it looks like a fault with the lacquer. I told him that Vauxhall are saying they're stone chips and he said they're not because the fault isclearly underneath the lacquerand that I should reject the car. I told him that I'd asked them to respray it and they were reluctant, and he said that he wouldn't be happy with a respray on a brand new car anyway. I really don't know what to do, if they're refusing to respray there's no way they'll give me a new car!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts