Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time poster if you can help me.

My car is a 13 plate Vauxhall Adam 1.4l petrol - done 64,000 miles.

I have noticed since last week that when I push the clutch down, sometimes it doesn't fully return to original position, doesn't quite stick to the floor but requires my foot to flick it back up to original position - sometimes.
Gears changes easily no issues, no slipping clutch or stalling etc just is lower than other pedals once pushed in.

I have taken it to a independent garage today who has suggested it needs a whole new clutch repair £300. I don't drive it like an idiot or rest on the clutch etc so seems low mileage for it to be this.

I rang up Vauxhall who after a conversation said they have seen lots of issues with this once I described it. Basically said not my model ADAM but has happened to some Vauxhalls and theres a fault. Basically not enough of a percentage to product recall but it is a fault and suggested it was the pedal box? As im not under warranty it would costs £75 at Vauxhall just to check it out plus if they then strip it down (most likely would) would be another figure on top of that just to give me an answer. Then obviously clutch or pedal box would be on top of all that. They quoted £1077 for the clutch repair!!! haha - however if it is the pedal box I may be entitled to some good will as they know its a fault - in my eyes should be a product recall but I will argue that once I definitely know what it is and if you guys have any ideas?

Anyone had any similar issues or definitely knows what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did you find out what this was? I’m currently experiencing the same issue. They changed the clutch on mine and it’s still occurring and it has started to go down by itself too!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

First time poster if you can help me.

My car is a 13 plate Vauxhall Adam 1.4l petrol - done 64,000 miles.

I have noticed since last week that when I push the clutch down, sometimes it doesn't fully return to original position, doesn't quite stick to the floor but requires my foot to flick it back up to original position - sometimes.
Gears changes easily no issues, no slipping clutch or stalling etc just is lower than other pedals once pushed in.

I have taken it to a independent garage today who has suggested it needs a whole new clutch repair £300. I don't drive it like an idiot or rest on the clutch etc so seems low mileage for it to be this.

I rang up Vauxhall who after a conversation said they have seen lots of issues with this once I described it. Basically said not my model ADAM but has happened to some Vauxhalls and theres a fault. Basically not enough of a percentage to product recall but it is a fault and suggested it was the pedal box? As im not under warranty it would costs £75 at Vauxhall just to check it out plus if they then strip it down (most likely would) would be another figure on top of that just to give me an answer. Then obviously clutch or pedal box would be on top of all that. They quoted £1077 for the clutch repair!!! haha - however if it is the pedal box I may be entitled to some good will as they know its a fault - in my eyes should be a product recall but I will argue that once I definitely know what it is and if you guys have any ideas?

Anyone had any similar issues or definitely knows what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve just bought a 2015 Vauxhall adam glam, and the clutch has been sitting a lot lower than the other pedals , I took it into Vauxhall the first time and they didn’t fix it and it’s back in there now and I’ve just been told it’s the Pedel box. I kept not being able to get my car into gear!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts