Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Ive asked a company called powertec to make me one, there pretty good like that so fingers crossed they will say yes! They did one for one of my bfs old cars, as there a dry filter (no oil) it shouldnt mess up the maf sensor as alot of modern cars suffer from this as the air isnt as dry as it should be.......oh and powertec sound really good.

They do universal ones, im hoping they say that the 1.4 corsa filter will fit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep me posted on the panel filter!
I'm also read somewhere that a corsa panel filter will fit as they are the same engines.
I've ordered my Adam but won't get it to June so I'm stocking up on goodies to fit!

Registered
Yea mines due in a few weeks time, if im able to get one i will be monitoring the mpg as i dont want to effect that :/

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What model you gone for? I'll be monitoring how long a full tank can last in time and mileage compared to my 04 1.25 fiesta

Registered
Ive gone from the 1.4 stop/start, i swapped cars because i had a boxster and it was daft on petrol really just for driving to work and back, so dont want it to be a pocket rocket that drinks alot haha x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
87bhp? I've gone for the Adam slam 1.4 100bhp. My fiesta wasn't bad on petrol if I drove it normally. Not that bad either if I had a heavy right foot x

Registered
Oh no i got the 100 slam aswell. My old one was awful on fuel however you drove, expensive tax and insurance aswell, i figure il be saving 拢140 a month on those alone, so adams figures make it a wise move.....i hope x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What extras did you get on yours if any? And colours? I'll be saving a lot on insurance and tax x

Registered
Mine is in red with black roof.
Tech pack- parking sensors and tyre pressure monitors
Carbon pack- mirrors! grill bar
18" turbine wheels in silver (couldnt decide black or silver so played safe)
Vxr bodykit
Black leather seats
Heated seats and steering wheel
Red steering wheel,knob ect
Red interior panels
Starlight led roof
Interior leds
Touch screen stereo
Infinity sound upgrade

And had a call from vauxhall this week asking if i wanted the free vxr pack added, but they nore the forum can tell me what is in the pack!? Lol

What spec you chose then?x

Registered
what do performance air filters do exactly...?

Registered
There ment to add a little bhp, but they dont add anything youwill notice really, they do make the engine sound a bit more throaty and less silent.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow that's a big spec compared to mine!
Yellow with black roof and mirrors
Interior LEDs
Touch screen stero
Superhero yellow trim seats
Stripe boot box
Sports pedals
Car mats

I've also bought separately tinted side reporters
Vxr side repeater surrounds for the Adam
A cup organiser
White headlight bulbs and sidelights
White led plate bulbs
White reverse bulbs as opposed the the dull white as standard
Full mudflaps kit
Carbon fibre door mirror caps
Carbon fibre interior mirror
Wind deflectors
Number plate surrounds x

Registered
So they make it sound a bit sporty, if its the same engine as my Corsa I can hardly tell the engine is running and sometime turn the key again and it make as funny noise lol.
Beavv, looks like you have got allot of extra kit to pimp your Adam! I also have ready, White LED number plate lights & Night Breaker H7's (but will upgrade to HIDs at some point). I want to get chrome plate surrounds!

Registered
You have been busy buying bits! Haha. I love the yellow seats with the strip, they will look wicked in a yellow car!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I've gotten the chrome plate surrounds as I've a private reg to go on! I'm going to buy a panel filter to when somebody makes one available

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think they're a faux leather. Don't think they are a real leather but I could be wrong.

Registered
When I test drove a slam in yellow it felt the same as the steering wheel trim so it could possibly be real leather

Registered
Anyone got a picture they can upload of the engine bay?
I might be able to find a CAI for the ADAM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts