Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

Got my Adam January 2014

Couple of questions, to be able to use my phone to make phone calls I need to be connected via bluetooth, and does not work when connected with the a usb cable, is this normal? Can I not just connect via a cable to make calls?

Also I can't seem to get the hands free button to work, I press the speak button for ages and nothing happens, do I need bluetooth connected for this, or again, should this work with just the usb cable plugged in?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't have the intellilink, so these answers are based on the standard radio.Also I have a windows phone.Bluetooth only, connecting the cable will allow you to charge your phone.the speak button on the steering wheel will just let you answer a call that is incoming, or to dial the last dialled number, but you still need to press the radio button to confirm that you are to call the last number.Perhaps stating the radio and phone you have will allow someone with a similar combo to advise what they get :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
You don't need to press the radio to confirm the last call just press the call button on the wheel. I press it twice then it callsEdited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for your reply

I have an intellilink system and an iPhone 4s, when plugged in via usb, ipod function works, bringgo works, making calls does not :(

Edited by: DanteHeaven

·
Registered
172 Posts
now I want to go out to the car and try pressing the call button twice..... :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's to call the last number. I still have to press the radio to make calls in my phone book. To bring name up then can't remember if i press the wheel or radio to call. Still trying to figure out how to use it properly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tracey.A said:
That's to call the last number. I still have to press the radio to make calls in my phone book. To bring name up then can't remember if i press the wheel or radio to call. Still trying to figure out how to use it properly
Does it work via cable, or do you need to be connected via bluetooth?

·
Registered
568 Posts
To make a call is there not a button on the steering wheel like Siri?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think I can make calls from my iPhone via Bluetooth and USB. You go to the phone icon on the intellilink screen and go into your phone book from there. I have never used the steering wheel to make calls, only to answer and hang up. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow if you don't get a more helpful answer in the meantime

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi I just went back to do more testing

It seems to use the calling function of the phone, and also to use the controls on the steering wheel to make and answer calls etc you need to be connected via bluetooth

If I try to press the phone button on the touch screen as you said above, when not via bluetooth but cable only, it says there is no device connected :(Edited by: DanteHeaven

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've found I can't get to my phone book using the wheel I will try when I get chance on my day off. Have to do it through radio. My S4 is always through Bluetooth as I always have my iPod plugged in when I'm drivingEdited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
407 Posts
Try it . like I said I neva connect via usbEdited by: Tracey.A

·
Registered
426 Posts
USB will charge but you still need Bluetooth connected for you to be able to make calls!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Providing your phone is compatible, Bluetooth is the method of linking phone to car system. You should be able to set it up so that car and phone recognise each other and automatically connect. If you are having trouble find a handy 7 year old to sort it for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll send my six year old granddaughter over she knows more about iphones than her mum hehe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Every time I get in my car it recognises I've got my iPhone with me and connects yo it automatically via Bluetooth even if I do then use the cable. It says 'Gills phone connected' (I think) My husbands phone is also set up to connect but we have tell it to use his instead of mine by an option on the intellilink. Maybe you haven't paired your phone up properly, have another look at the manual for pairing the phone by USB. I think it takes quite a while, and it's find in 2 stages, one is to get your phone address book synced. I know the first time I tried to pair a phone I thought it wasn't working because it took so long

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had another look at this this morning and this is what I did.After switching on ignition I connected the phone via USB, pressed the phone icon on the intellilink and waited while it said connecting.Once connected my ipod started playing, but if I pressed source, phone again I could see my phone screen and couls access calls from there.I then checked I could use blue tooth as well by unplugging the USB and I could.So I can make calls through USB and bluetooth.If you click on your phone icon on the screen and you cannot see your phone address book then you haven't fully connected your phone. Disconnect your phone from the option on the screen and then reconnected as if its the first time using your manual. It connects in 2 steps, one to connect the bluetooth, then there is a gap before it says either initialising phone book, or uploading phone book.You should be able to call through both noe.As for the steering wheel button, I find if I press it once it goes from my radio screen straight to my phone book and if I press it again it redials the last number I rang.I hope this helps everyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have intellilink and just the standard radio. When I connected to bluetooth I was able to call the last number but none of my contacts were there? Can I sync my phone book without intellilink?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes just press the phone button on your radio And then settings your phone book Should Be there. If not when your rsdio finds your mobile say ok to let to sync phone book

1 - 20 of 21 Posts