Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just hoping for a bit of advice.

I have put a deposit down on an Adam jam in purple fiction, I love the colour! I had always thought that I would get it with a black roof as I like the contrast, but I also think it looks smart all the one colour. I feel like the salesman prefers the one colour and he is urging me to make sure I'm getting what I will love for the next few years - but as this is my 1st car I'm maybe a little cautious about trusting my own judgement! I have seen very few pics of purple with the black roof and normal horn alloys (which are my preference)

Do you guys think this combo would match ok? That there wouldn't be too many contrasting elements? I have really until the weekend to make any changes to the order...

I'm also getting a chrome pack, the intellilink and the illuminated headliner :D

Thank you in advance for any opinions or advice

Niamh (so tired today i spelt my own name wrong!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
If i was you i would get it all one colour as you cant decide, then you can always get the roof wrapped, someone on here got it done for £120 i think it was, that way you can always peel the wrap off and go back to all one colour! You cant get it wrapped in your purple thats all i thought if you change your mind

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Niamh

Having looked at the Jam in purple fiction with and without the black roof in the configurator I personally prefer the contrast with the black roof I was torn personally between red/black and yellow/black andon screen I preferred the red/black combo but when I went to order there was the yellow/black on the forecourt and I changed my mind last minute as it looked awesome.

At the end of the day its your choice but try and see one in the flesh if you can.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've got the purple fiction with purple roof, there are some pics in the gallery if you search under my name. I've had my car about a year now so the pics are buried in March/April. I wanted to keep the glass panel and thought there was no point in selecting the black to cover such a small area

·
Registered
424 Posts
Page 4 of the gallery, the thread is called Got my Glam x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there, thanks for the replies!!

I was thinking about the vinyl, they did mention it in the showroom.

Gillsid, I love your car, it's gorgeous!

If you had of went for the jam or slam without the glass panel, would you have opted for the full black roof over the purple roof personally? As I haven't been able to see one in any dealership close by (problems of basically living I'm the middle of nowhere) how would you reckon the black would look - sorry for the difficult questions! I know it's probably just a personal thing :)

Niamh

·
Registered
944 Posts
All one colour. Black roofs are far too common!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a purple fiction with white roof and alloys. I think it looks great :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Be a little bit different and get the purple with the black roof. Not seen one on here yet :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would also consider resale value. (I know, too sensible...) That is partly the reason I went for a more common colour scheme. I bet the Orange body with Green roof is pretty unique, but is it sellable? Although I cannot imagine purple and black being bad, think it sounds cool. So really, this post was pointless... :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
My dad kept saying to me about the selling point. And if you take out the 5years 0% you have ages to be paying for it....get something you personally want..not what you think the person who buys it after you would want!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good point Smith101, why get a truly personal car and spend your money buying for the next owner... As long as a car is not too wild, it will look great.

Just remember, if you know you will regret your decision later, make a different one... - If you want a black roof, get it and don't regret not getting it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhh your right, I think purple might be quite a popular colour, so hopefully it's a good compromise between what I love and a sensible(ish) option! It's just hard being allowed so much freedom, although obviously brilliant too :)

haha I did have a giggle at the green and orange car! Nice for st paddys day I'm sure!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are right, thanks for your messages, it definitely won't be too wild! But I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable in one that was. I think I'd like both the purple and black roofs, so I won't be unhappy either way, I just wish i could make a ready comparison, I think I might be veering towards black tho :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
To be fair, although Adams are quite a common sight around me (not as common as Fiat 500s or Fiestas though) I haven't seen a purple one... My mum saw a purple one taking my sister to school the other day and told me I should have got that... But I wanted red... So purple is very rare around here. 1 in 10 exactly...

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have a purple one here with the black roof and it looks fantastic......

I wouldn't worry about the resale bit, as the chances are you will trade in anyway. This means the price comes straight off the book, and condition

Go for what YOU want, otherwise buying an adam (the car with the most options on the market) is pointless#

Go for it ....You will love your final decision

·
Registered
54 Posts
Niamh, whatever you decide, do it quick. Allegedly Vauxhall are bringing out new body and roof colours at the Geneva motor show so if you haven't committed to a colour by then you will have a far greater problem.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Niamh, if I'd gone for the Jam or slam I would have had the black roof, the white is actually too cream for my liking x

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's not overly cream gillsid and I think it's what makes it unique from the ds3 equivalent

·
Registered
944 Posts
I honestly think the all one colour are "rarer" then black roofs... Everyone seems to have a black roof option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts