Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll be looking to get a private plate very soon, but I want an age-less one, not one in the current AA11AAA format. The DVLA don't do any plates other than the new format, except by auction, so I'm gonna have to use a 3rd party website to get one.
I've noticed a few people on here have private plates so I thought I'd ask which sites people used and whether they were any good or not...?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know work have used SpeedyReg for the old irish/age-less plates.I got the one for my Adam direct from the DVLA but its technically an L Reg plate.But I will say shop around on various sites and always double check the prices as what they "advertise" is not always what you actually pay and there is fees and stuff to add on top.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine was dvla and mines technically a J reg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know Gez - that's why ideally I wanted to get it direct from the DVLA cos there's no hidden costs. There's an auction one I really want but the minimum bid is £400, but when you go through to place an absentee bid it adds another £200ish on to it for various auction fees :(
I try my luck and just put a £400 bid in cos I'll pay £600 but no more...

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's a lot of cash for a plate, but I am a tight arsed southerner, I only paid £250 all in for my plate hahah, but I hope you get what you want or something just as cool.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha yeah it's more than I wanted to spend too, but the one up for auction is LEA111A... probably the best one I've seen :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's pretty cool, ok I can understand it now hahah

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually... I'm just having a browse of the 3rd party reg sites and for an old-style plate it seems about £700 is the absolute minimum for any of them... I think I might try my luck on the auction...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got mine from dvla via the other half as an Xmas present :)
Is my birthday & initials.
Plus got the dealer to register it with the plate so didn't have to pay fees etc to get it changed!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
This plate is 399 from the DVLA, not quite exact but pretty close, and a guaranteed price.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... yeah all the new format plates are cheap, but I want an age-less one...

·
Registered
146 Posts
We were offered the plate that was on our demo.......VX13ADM but they couldn't get a certain price for it,bit gutted now but reckon they wanted thousands.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I want an Alex one.

A13 XJS would be good!

·
Registered
944 Posts
From buying a plate how long until you can use it?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Max two week turnover for processing

·
Registered
944 Posts
I might get one then!

Getting the wheels done next week.
Booking the wrap soon.
Add tints and a plate and I'm done!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts