Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some problems with the car in the form of:

It intermittently decides that it really doesn't want to go into first gear

The rear lights have condensation inside them and the front window steams up inside even when the car isnt in use

The wipers hit off each other then slam into the window

Sound familiar? Took it back to the service repair guys who said the only thing that would be an issue they are willing to repair is the wiper blades anything else that I feel needs repaired would be outside warrenty and something that I'd have to get fixed myself.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Same problem re first gear... was a real effort to get it into gear. Took it back and they lubricated the gears but said it would get better with time... it worked temporarily but is getting worse again... granted, we've only done 700 miles but I bought my other car from new and we've never had a problem with that...

·
Registered
944 Posts
The condensation in the lights and the wipers are common too...
A lot of cars steam up when not in use though... usually when you've had it blowing hot air and then you leave it in the cold...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the car from new and it's done around 2k miles. The gear problem has been an issue for a good few months now. It just bugs me that it's a common problem yet they're not acknowledging any of it and implying that I'm making it up!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had all those problems. Wipers now sorted. Condensation told to use air con as well as de mister and review how it goes . Front gear had have gear linkage adjusted. All covered under warranty. Go back and make them sort it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just been to collect my car from the service repair guys. They fixed the wipers under warranty. The gear problem and condensation they told me wasn't an issue and charged me £90(!!!) for investigating an issue that wasn't a problem - wouldn't give me my keys back until it was paid! I've just read over the receipt again and they're blaming the condensation in the lights on cold and damp weather and also noted that it could be because I keep an umbrella (which I have never used in the first place!) in the boot! I'm absolutely livid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and also.. re the gears they said if I feel it's still a problem I can take it back to them to have a look at again.. but if they still don't find an issue with it they will charge me for investigation again!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow.. I'm a little scared now.. I have always bought my cars new and changed them every two/three years and I have not had a single issue with any cars I've bought. My Fiat 500 that I'm trading in has been amazing little car so far without a single problem.
My Adam arrives early March and am already finding service I have received from Vauxhall garage absolutely appalling. It scares me to read so many people having fair few issues. Lets hope I'm not going to have any issues with my Slam when it arrives.

·
Registered
424 Posts
To be fair people are more likely to post problems on a forum because they need help. I am 11 months into owning my Adam and all I'll be asking for on my service is the windscreen wipers- they have caught about 5 times since I had the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I'd give you an update. Vauxhall are still insisting that the condensation and the 1st gear problem aren't an issue and that the dealer was justified in charging me £90 for an investigation fee. Doesn't help me out any as I'm £90 down and still have problems with the car. I still think the their reasoning of the condensation being down to the fact I have an umbrella in the boot is absolutely Ludacris.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why would having an umbrella in the boot would create condensation in sealed rear light unit? Am I missing out on something here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must make perfect sense in the land of unicorns
To be honest, I'm more perplexed as to why they think that the car not being able to go in to 1st gear isn't an issue!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi guys

Firstly. quite a few manufacturers have an issue with condensation in lights....but if it goes after 10 mins or so, it is not regarded as a fault

Secondly, 1st gear on most vehicles has no synchro, and is not it e engaged untill car is stationary...

If its still tight, then here is a definate fault

Hop this helps

·
Registered
92 Posts
True, but new vehicle light units should be properly sealed to prevent outside moisture leaking into sealed light unit. In worse case, excessive moisture could end up shorting electrics within light unit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just keep taking photos of my lights being condensated up then when it goes to the 6month check I will show them. My front ones were condensated up the other day its never happened on my front before

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi guys,the wiper issue is starting to occur in my adam now.Seems to me when the wipers are on full it happens so im scared to put them on as I can see them going flying soon!! Will book it in to get checked over & see what they have to say.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts