Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since owning my Adam jam 1.2 I have had nothing but problems , the discs and pads were replaced on the front due to having squeaking , since being replaced this issue is still there , has anybody else had this issue

Also problems with rattles from the dashboard and like a whirring noise from the engine when your driving around

Exterior wise there are black marks on the sill

Really disappointed overall

Can you please tell me your experiance as going to see vauxhall later to have a word

Thanks

Jordan

·
Registered
14 Posts
So i got my adam on Friday, i have done 400 miles in it already to give it a good test run i went to derbyshire and back took it around towns, tested motorways and went up some very steep hills.

love the car overall, it is a great car to own. I must admit though there is something funny about the engine noise but that is what most small engine cars are like. My partner purchased a 1.2 3 cyl vw and it sounds like no other car on the road. I thought it was broken at first but it is just the way it runs.

The dashboard might rattle due to something being loose, mine rattled at first but turned out to be my locking wheel nuts in the glovebox lol

My adam was delivered without the winter kit installed on it but i spoke to my dealer who have been superb with me since I received the vehicle. Just speak to your dealer, they do not want to see you unhappy with your new car. No doubt they will sort your problems for you :)

Let us know how your discussions go...........

·
Registered
206 Posts
no probs at all think its a great little car and mines got 1200 miles on it now

·
Registered
424 Posts
Done 1700 in mine now- and I love it.
I have got black marks on my door sills but that is where the rain water has drained through the door channels. I just used a bit of elbow grease on them and they have gone.
Apart from that I have no issues.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I get those black marks too but they come back every time it rains. It's like there's a bit of grease inside and runs down. Have had to use t-cut a couple of times to get it off

·
Registered
206 Posts
think it's the waxoil thats been sprayed inside door cavity

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't noticed this yet but it is yet to rain since i have had my car. Also its black so maybe i can't see them?

although i have realised how metallic the "I'll be black" paint truly is!!!!

looks like somebody has attacked the car with glitter glue in the sun! lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems you've had.
I've had mine since beginning of June and had no problems. Hope yours gets sorted soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
At the bottom of the doors, in the holes I noticed a large amount of glue leaking out! This makes a really sticky residue on the paintwork and when it gets dirty it turns a sticky black colour. Going to get my car professionally cleaned this weekend hoping it will come off! Best for you to check under the inside of your doors too incase there is any glue seeping out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have glue coming off mine at certain points around the rear wheels, the dealership have been great though since i received the car and have offered to valet my car again FOC at the weekend if i take it down to them.

Hopefully they can clean it up again nice and proper and give the inside a good scrub. there are a few black marks on my white interior i noticed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also got the black marks, can stand out a bit on the red paintwork!
The only other issue I've had is there seems to be a rattle somewhere at the back of the drivers door, seems to come and go. Anyone else got it? Not bothered me enough to take it back yet though!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get the black marks too! T cut does the job lol. Absolutely no problems with mine. it does make a few odd noises like a little ticking noise when its sat still but running, I took it back to Vauxhall so they could check it and I got laughed at, apparently its normal lol. It also makes a slight hissing noise when I turn the car off since its been 20 degrees plus? not sure what that is but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i noticed those black marks on my yellow slam, really stands out, so i gave my car a wash today but made no difference might have to try out the t-cut as you mentioned that. if not ill pop it into the garage see if they can sort it for me

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use show room shine on my polo at the moment brings it up super and helps protect it shall be using it when I get my Dave (Adam)gets rid of black tar mark with no effort :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts