Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have never used it but I have seen it used. My first point would be if you can avoid using it, i.e. just use the pump to get enough air into the tyre to get it to a Kwikfit or ATS for example then do because using the gunk writes off the tyre. If the puncture isn't in the sidewall or the outer 2.5cm of the tread the tyre can usually be repaired.

Secondly if the puncture is in the sidewall the gunk will just leak out so don't waste it.

If in doubt call Vauxhall Assistance.

The actual method of using the stuff is pretty obvious from the writing on the can.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I had a huge bolt through mine, far too big to plug. Pumped it up and it was fine to get me to the garage. I'd save the foam stuff.

Do you have the service plan? Puncture repairs are free.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I didn't know that, guess ill be going to a Vauxhall dealer next time I get a puncture rather than to whoever is closest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does the kit put air into the tyre? I wasn't sure about that. Also didn't know service plan covered punctures. Just got my neighbour to blow mine up and went to Tyre Spot. Cost 15 quid! Guess I need to read my stuff ha ha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called my dealer because mine is included in the extended safety check range. Booked in for a check but when I asked the guy about free puncture repair with the service plan he said he knew nothing about that?? He did say that if someone turned up with a minor problem they would probably deal with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.