Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Seen as though the new turbo engine might be completely out of my price range, I wondered what real life MPG owners were producing? I don't know if I should be conservative and choose the 1.2 s/s or the 1.4 (87)?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tracey.A,
Is the 1.2 s/s nippy by the way? I currently drive a kia picanto 1.0 but it's tuned higher than the 1.2 and I don't know what to expect power wise

·
Registered
407 Posts
Its very nippy. I had a 1.4 before and I can say I dont notice any difference.its great on long runs as well great on motorways. So much cheaper to run great on petrol

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Tracey.A
I'm pushing towards the 1.2 I think because it's cheaper to buy

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have the 1.4 s/s and i get between 35-40 mpg but are mostly short ones. had it since sept and only done 1600 miles

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm nearly at 34 on my 1.4 non s/s. Mainly short drives though and I'm not very economical.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys.

Has anyone got the regular 1.4 87bhp mpg on here? :D

·
Registered
944 Posts
Me... See above.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry Alex I thought yours must've been a 100bhp 1.4,

Thank you :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
1.4 87bhp no s/s i do nearly 50 miles a day,mix of motorway and country roads.
just up to 10,000 miles on the clock and im getting 32-35 mpg.
Have hit over 115 mph......on a private rd hehe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have a 1.2 Adam Jam that I am totally in love with. Current mileage is about 500miles and average Mpg is 50 ......so I am more than happy with that!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Quite glad I read traceys post.... the adam I have is a 1.2 s/s and I was starting to be concerned it would be gutless...

Im not after anything powerfull so nippy does me fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a 1.4 (87) non s/s, drive approx 25m per day on country lanes and A roads so roughly 50mph, and getting about 38 mpg, which I don't think is very good tbh :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to say that mine is around 34/35 mpg in my 1.2 glam... That said, done just under 6000 miles in 12 months and there has been a lot of commuting and short journeys. Also, because the car is so much fun to drive, let's just say I've not had economy in mind when driving!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So my first tank is nearly empty. I have 1.4 (87) Slam, and am averaging 32mpg according to trip computer. To be honest, I was expecting more..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts