Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read lots of reviews before buying my Adam, most of them brought up the lack of rear legroom. I decided yesterday to sit in the back behind my seat as driver. I honestly do not know why people fussed over this. Now I am not 7 foot tall, but at 5'11 I am a bit above average for a UK male. I had a few inches in front of me and it's wide giving a greater sense of space too. For a few hours it might get uncomfortable, then again, that doesnt stop people going on a plane.

All in all, the rear legroom is not a problem for me. If your family consist of ultra-huge giants hovering around the 8 foot mark, maybe driving isnt for you...

That was my quick rear legroom review for anyone who wants a bit more info before purchasing or waiting for arrival. Edited by: Jimsvolle

·
Registered
568 Posts
Haha although funny I totally agree with you! Legroom is just as sh*te in a 500 which is similar in size so they're just being mean on the poor Adam! I wouldn't want to be in the back but then again I hardly buy a car for my passengers haha :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree I am over six feet and in the Adam what we had on hire for a weekend with me not being old enough to drive I was in the rear seat behind the passenger. Now it didn't have bags of room like your people carriers but I sat in the rear coving not all but most of the 500 miles from Friday to Monday and I didn't have a problem. Head room was decent, if you sat straight like a board you were nearing the roof but who sits like that anyway when I sat in a comfortable position it was no problem not even my hair was touching the roof and my hair is gelled up, leg room was also not bad I could sit my enough leg room with the passenger in the seat in fronton me sitting in there normal position. It might surprise you I find my sister corsa has the exact same room in the rear as the Adam and the corsa does look bigger.

One of the reviews a laughed at was this quoted "The rear seats are, however, a joke. I took the family out and the eight-year-old couldn't sit behind me without me driving with my knees round my ears" he must be one over size abnormal not your everyday 8 year year olds

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think a lot of the reviewers are either biassed or paid a large sum of money from a rival... Or perhaps they only drive big cars...

·
Registered
944 Posts
It obviously depends how far back the driver sits...

From my seating position you wouldn't get in the back, theres not enough room to fit legs behind the seat. Im 6 foot 2 and have the seat quite far back. As for sitting in the back... I tried, once. Never again. It wasnt the leg room that was the issue... more the head room! I had to sit with my head on an angle as it was hitting the roof. It was then like a comedy sketch watching me try and get out the back!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm 6'4 and been in the back of ours a couple of times,room in the back and head room no problem what so ever,but getting in and out is tricky but there is more room than in a 500!!
We pretty much have no luggage to move about and only do small shops now and again so thats why we got a little car,made perfect sense no need for anything bigger.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Think it's ridiculous all the reviewers moaning about it. All an Adams competitors are just the same. Try finding leg room in a beetle? Or a mini? Or a ds3? They are all just as bad

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep,can't find anything else on the car to complain about,well apart from the dated engines which isn't a bad thing really and can only find legroom to go on about,who buys an adam to use as a taxi anyway?????

·
Registered
568 Posts
Haha too right purpletimbo7

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah the back seat leg room didn't bother me, although my 6ft1 boyfriend sat in the back when we went on the test drive and he said it's fine... I rarely have anyone in the back, or if I do it's my 15 yr old sister. Plus, I have a new shape Ford KA at the moment and even though you can only legally have 2 people in the back, they still have the seats shaped as if you could have someone sat in the middle, which uses up valuable space when it comes to the comfort of the passengers, whereas the Adam literally just has 2 side-by-side seats with no 'middle bit', so technically they're more spacious than my little Ka...

·
Registered
148 Posts
purpletimbo7 said:
Yep,can't find anything else on the car to complain about,well apart from the dated engines which isn't a bad thing really and can only find legroom to go on about,who buys an adam to use as a taxi anyway?????
**** there goes my idea to operate a taxi company solely using Adams

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think the sign maybe bigger than an Adam car!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
hahaha liking that Timbo!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had 4 adults in mine. Was a bit squishy but no one complained... The getting in/out bit is quite funny tho!!!
With my seat in its normal comfortable for me driving position there's only 2 inches of space between the back of my seat & the front ledge of the back seat :)
Mind you it's normally just me in the car, so no problems there!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
99% of the time its just me driving to and from work.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Work and shopping here too , if somebody wants a lift , they can have one ,
But if they complain their sqaushed ( the hubby) they ( he ) can bloody walk ,
" oh you'll need to move ya seat forward for .... In the back "
Me - " no this is where I have MY seat like it or lump it " 🚙😛🚘

1 - 17 of 17 Posts