Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My brother has just phoned me about this and my first reaction was to come on here! Mine was registered at the end of June so will be ringing first thing in the morning!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same. The guy used his iPhone to take a photo of the steering linkage just below the steering wheel. The part, looks like a plastic block, has a 4 digit number on. They know the faulty ones. Bit scary when you've not had AJ or Oreo long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The worrying thing is when you've driven then car over 4000 miles and it could potentially be an issue! I'm getting really peed off now as you can't get through to customer services it's just doing the engaged tone! Also they haven't updated their website! I'm meant to be driving 100 odd miles today to visit my friend up North! Arrrrrggggghhhhh

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got mine in June. Spoke to the garage I got it from just now and they said it has a recall notice on it. Your garage will know. The main vauxhall customer services is engaged.

If it has a recall notice you cannot drive it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great advice! Just spoke to my dealer and mines been given the all clear! What a Pain in the bum!! What do you have to do with your car? Are they going to come and collect it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am still waiting for them to call me back - they didn't know what the procedure is, so were going off to check. They said they would call back in a few minutes, that was 40 minutes ago!

Glad you have the all clear.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
To find out if your ADAM or Corsa is affected, you will have to check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN Number) and the production code on the intermediate shaft.
How to check whether your vehicle is affected, please follow these instructions:

To do so, please have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your Vehicle available.

You will find the VIN Number on the lower area of your vehicle windscreen or in the registration documents of your vehicle.

VIN Example: (last 8 digits are required)

To identify if your vehicle is affected of this recall, you need to check if your VIN number lies in between the following range:

OPEL ADAM:
VIN Number (last 8 digits) between: E6077301 – E6113446
F6000001 – F6006544

OPEL Corsa D:
VIN Number (last 8 digits) between: E6071016 - E6118738
E4181031 - E4308122

If your VIN Number is not within this range, your car is not affected.
If your VIN Number is within this range, please continue with the following steps:

Check the production code on the steering intermediate shaft.
If your production code on the steering intermediate shaft is 20E4 or 20K3, your vehicle is affected and should not be driven to avoid any risk.

Where do I find the production code on the intermediate shaft?
Open the driver door of your vehicle.

Ensure your vehicle is positioned safely and the handbrake is engaged fully so that the vehicle is secured safely against roll away.

Ensure the gear of a manual transmission is in neutral or the automatic transmission is in position “P”.

Start the vehicles engine to have the steering power assist enabled.

Look at drivers pedal area.

Look at the area behind the clutch, brake and gas pedal
Behind the pedals, you will see a metal cardan joint that turns, when you are turning the steering wheel.

Turn the steering wheel, until you can see the relevant codes printed in on the lower joint.

(Please see video here for reference)

The 4 digit code is printed upside down.

Turn your head in this direction to read them correctly.

Note down the 4 digit code.
Important:

If the production code on steering intermediate shaft is 20E4 or 20K3, your vehicle is affected and should not be driven to avoid any risk.
In this case, please contact your local dealer.

If the production code is not 20E4 or 20K3, the vehicle can be safely driven to your next dealer for a final confirmation. Please contact your dealer upfront to make an appointment.

If you feel uncomfortable to do this check yourself, please do not drive your car and contact your Opel dealer as soon as possible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep my VIN number is in the affected lot, still in my PJs so not going down to check the steering yet!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah not driving it isn't an option for pretty much everyone methinks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just spoke to my dealers they can easily check, and seem to be doing everything they can. If in doubt defo giv them a quick call.
I don't know if there's a limit each dealer has for replacement cars so I would try call as early as poss even if you can't get your Adam straight down there

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just rang my dealer who gave me a different number to ring which doesn't appear to be a valid number... Just beeping in my ear...

·
Registered
75 Posts
VIN number is in the recall, but checked the shaft and mine isn't one of the 4 digit numbers. Booked in for thursday to give it a look over, but apparently it's safe to drive. I'm a learner driver so doesn't affect me as much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called the dealer today as there was nothing on the website and that number just kept saying high call volumes.
They checked my Reg and said that mine was not part of the recall, which was good news to me as like some of you have said we need them for work etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mines all fine :D got it in November so nowhere near the affected vin numbers :)
Hope you all sort it with the dealers!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.