Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to work out stuff with my Adam since I've only had it a few days but one of the things my last car did (a Nissan Juke) is read texts automatically through the speakers via bluetooth which I can't get the Adam to do - I've got an iPhone 5 and it will read you texts if you ask it to (via Siri) but you have to know you've been sent atextto do that, there's nothing automatic about it.
The intellilink thing is great incidentally but it is a bit of an odd set up because to make a phone call from the button on the steering wheel, you seem to have to go into the phone app on the screen first which kind of defeats the object. Unless I'm missing something (which I could well be...)

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you press the button on the wheel it'll open the app. Then you can hold the button in and siri will kick in so you can tell it what to do

·
Registered
424 Posts
According to the new video on the Vauxhall Facebook page the intellilink should automatically tell you you've had a text as far as I could tell. However it shows the TuneIn app on the screen and it's not on mine, I can't seem to get them to understand that on their Facebook page

·
Registered
206 Posts
hi gillsid i phoned vauxhall about tunein. its same as yours it was like talking to a brick wall thick as f--k

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone - yeah I can use Siri to read me the text but only if I know I've been sent one which Intellilink doesn't do, maybe it's my phone rather than the car. Would be nice to know how to make it work!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I feel slightly let down with this potentially great piece of tech, especially when you see You Tube videos of it working better than it seems to for us. On the video it shows the TuneIn app on the screen and it shows the tech knowing you've received the text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HxHOLQ74h8
Have a look, am I missing something or is this a potential case of misadvertising?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the demo's correct but you'd only get the audio notification you've received a text if the phone is providing the audio at the time, if you have the radio on or something else, you don't get any notification. And if you miss the notification sound for any reason, likewise there's nothing to say you've got a text waiting for you. It's not really seamless integration as it were!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a windows phone and the car always screams at me when I get a new text asking if I want to read or ignore... Not sure if this is a feature on my phone mind because it does it when ever I'm connected to anything Bluetooth.

Did y'all manage to get it sorted?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I used to have a Windows phone which did this and it was great, so useful. No joy with anything similar for the iPhone so maybe it is the phone then and not the car. Bloody iPhone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts