Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,Now my Adam is on the mend I was wondering if it's possible to get the engine remapped professionally to the Corsa 1.2 spec as the same engine gets 15 more bhp and 5 more pounds of torque. Has anyone tried this and does anyone think I could get Vauxhall to do it to keep my warranty as technically it's the same engine?My engine is the basic 1.2 no s/s with 70bhp and the corsa sting basic no s/s engine gets 85bhpThanks in advance

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know someone who works in a Vauxhall dealers and says if the car gets remapped it will screw the warrenty. choice is yours tho.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah bugger. Might leave it a bit then. I just wondered with it being he same engine that there might've been a chance

·
Registered
146 Posts
The corsa weighs more so the Adam being 100 kg lighter kinda makes up for the lack of bhp,id leave it alone and maybe just hang on a get an air filter when k&n bring one out?!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've always wondered why they retuned the engine to have less power and torque, why not just put the same engine in? Baffles me. That way they could've just had a 1.2 (85bhp) and the 1.4 100bhp.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It would have been given a different map because it is a different car with different fuel and emissions targets. I doubt you would notice the gain at all if you remapped it to the Corsa version it is that small. Not really work voiding the warranty for. As has been said hold out for a decent filter, maybe have a look at some possible breathing mods that could be returned to standard if needed (bypassing resonators etc)
Edited by: Krafty_Bizkit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts