Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Newbie here so please tell me if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Just bought a very nice 2013 1.4 Glam for my wife that has everything she wanted but doesn't have the touch screen Radio/infotainment package that I think would make a nice addition. I have noticed that there are hundreds of them available for a selection of quite reasonable prices on eBay.
Question is are they all the same or are there different models and is it a fairly simple plug and play swap with an adaptor link or is there a lot more to it.

Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome!

There are two versions, the original R3 and the newer R4.

The R4 version has physical buttons at the bottom whereas the R3 is touch screen type buttons.

The R4 version has Google Car Play (and Apple equivalent), whereas the R3 doesn't (and therefore if you want Satnav, you have to use the BringGo version, which is not good).

Other than that, they are the same pretty much.

I'm not sure how possible it is to retrofit. I have the R3 version and have asked several Vauxhall people if it's possible for them to fit a R4 version for me (even at a cost), however everytime they've said it's not possible as it's different hardware. So I'm not sure what it will be like for you, unless you do it yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I'll pull out the current head unit when I get a chance and compare the mounting points and electrical connectors to some of the ebay offerings when I get a bit of time. I'll post back when I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts