Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share a problem I've had with my Saturday White Fever Adam Jam!

Had him for just over a week and he is going back on Wednesday...

Gave him his first wash the weekend and after paying £249 for Diamond Brite protection, washing him with the supplied products, I was unable to remove a large amount of dark spots from the paintwork....My dad works in the quality control paint booths for Jaguar and said this definitely wasn't normal...

I took the car in on Sunday - unfortunately only sales staff on, but they think when the car had the diamond brite put on it may have been put out too soon after in the wind causing dust/rubbish to affect the surface!!

They are having it back to remove the protection and reapply, but it's really had me worried!!

I'm guessing the sand storms have had a part to play, but after paying for that protection and washing it well, I would not expect it to have anything left on the car.....

Anyone else experienced similar?

·
Registered
944 Posts
The protection they add really isn't the best... I've heard loads of stories of it coming off quickly etc. doesn't help of they don't apply it properly and this happens!

Doesn't sound good though, hopefully they'll sort it for you.Edited by: alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they've just phoned me to say they'll have it in first thing on Wednesday to re-protect it. They have in fairness at Brindley Vauxhall been very good to me so far....

My brother said their protection isn't always very good, but I can't let it drop when I've paid £249 for it to be done - just isn't good enough in my opinion.

I'm not the most savvy with car cleaning but have really been trying very hard to get it right with my new car. Just don't want to settle for a service which isn't good enough when I'm paying them so much money!

When I collected the car, the sales guy said I'd be asked to complete a feedback survey a while after collection and he said if they get 8 out of 10 for any part its classed as a fail which is really bad for them so they've really been very helpful with this issue so far - must relate to that feedback which I'm still yet to leave!

Fingers crossed I'll come away all smiley again on Wednesday!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Buy yourself 2 buckets and a wash mit.

Two bucket wash and rinse and you'll keep it looking good.

They shouldn't be allowed to charge what they do for it. Edited by: alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it does seem quite criminal to charge so much for what I've experienced as not a very good level of paint protection!

Thanks for the tips :)

Alice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my Adam has been re-cleaned at the dealers garage today - they said it was a very rare and unusual problem - fallout?
He asked me where I park the car and if I work next to any factories which could pollute the air!
I don't and my car is left on my drive along with all other family members cars who haven't had this issue!
Here is to hoping problem is now sorted! Off to collect it...again.

·
Registered
944 Posts
When you get it have a look at the area they removed the marks from. Check they haven't scratched it trying to remove.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only issue with marks I have had is on the sills. If you get down on a level with your opened doors, you will find two small vents which leave grubby marks on your sills. A trip to Halfords for some Tar Remover and I was able to get the stains off.........temporarily. Once it rained again, the stains returned. Presumably whatever is leaching through these holes will eventually reduce.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tar remover? Bit of detailing spray will do the job too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The issue is minor staining which can be removed with the right solvent and a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm not disagreeing but tar remover is a lot stronger then QD... I've not had any issues with just a quick wipe. Poor design thought makes a right mess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had very similar problems and they're adamant mine is down to fallout too. They put paintwork protection on it for me because I complained so much but there's nothing else I can do about it since they're sure it's nothing to do with the paint. I'm still not happy about the paintwork tbh. The marks do come out of mine if I polish it with autoglym resin polish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts