Adam Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just taken delivery of my new Adam Slam (love it so far!) and have a question regarding Sat Nav.

I know that BringGo is the preferred option for Sat Nav but it doesn't support my Nokia Lumia 620 Windows phone, so i was thinking about getting a 2nd hand android/iphone just so i can connect for Sat Nav on screen.

My question is if I connect an android phone, do I need to have the phone connected via cable whilst using the Sat Nav, or once I've uploaded the application, can I disconnect? That wayI can then use the USB slot to play my music!

Alternatively, ifI connect a smartphone via bluetooth, am i able to disconnect it once BringGo is on the screen which will allow my Nokia mobile to be used?

Reluctant to exchange the Nokia for an I-phone as I really like it!

Thanks in advance of any help!

·
Registered
206 Posts
(sorry for long explanation, wrote it all then put the apology)

look for other posts, I have an 820 and have exactly the same problem....

when I bought mine I was asked to sign a disclaimer saying I understood the intellilink system which I did and sent back, my adam came in early December, went to set up the app as it says on this disclaimer, except the "mirrorlink" app was the only one that was possible to use assatnav. thisdidn't exist at the time(and still doesn't). so I phoned the garage and they were clueless, so I contacted the infotainment people at Vauxhall and the form I signed was specific to my dealership and not a Vauxhall form.

I contacted my garage and they said they had forwardedthis (aswell as other stuff) totheir area manager, that was getting on for 8 weeks ago now so I gave up and contacted head office and theyphoned me this morning saying they had been in contact with the garage and apparently they are going to phone me to arrange something so they can have a look at it..

with your other questions I don't see any reason that you could connect an android/iPhone to the car using the cable so you can use bringgo and then connect your normal phone through Bluetooth, I don't think it will work unless it is connected (to allow you to play music through the usb) so you'd need to possibly upload music to the android/iPhone to be able to use them both at the same time

·
Registered
424 Posts
To use BringGo the phone needs to be connected via the USB lead if you want to see the route on the screen. I don't think you can connect more than one phone at a time, but I've not tried it. I've listened to the radio and used BringGo at the same time but I haven't tried anything else

·
Registered
431 Posts
You would have to have the phone running the BringGo app connected, it uses the GPRS/3G/4G phone signal for the navigation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts