Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the sand adam has been washed twice this week, this colour gets dirty easily to say the least

·
Registered
568 Posts
Love it :) very bold choices there

·
Registered
431 Posts
ha yes that sand was a pain in the butt! I wiped my finger along the paint work, it was so thick iv cleaned mine twice and its only a week since I pick my adam up! suppose having white don't help lol

·
Registered
944 Posts
Mines covered... again.

By the time I've got everything out though and actually washed it then its probably an hour + gone. I'm working all week so no time!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I used autoglym quick detailer and a few microfibers on the weekend, done in 15min shhhhhhall in time before I had to leave for work.
but now its raining! come on summer!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Be careful with QDs if its too bad... its fine for fine dust and fingerprints etc but if you use it on sand etc then you'll add plenty of microscratches... I wouldn't want to drag sand over paintwork.

·
Registered
431 Posts
get what you mean Alex. I don't think it was that bad, but I'm still yet to clay, polish and wax my adam properly. hopeful for a nice day to do this when I'm off work. Iv been using aqua wax atm after you rinse the car while still wet and it seems to work for now. but defo want to protect it properly!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Get it waxed!

After its waxed just give it a coat of QD after a wash and it'll top up the protection.

A QD on a dirty/sandy car is bad though... good job you've got a white car, hides it better!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm going to treat mine to a professional detail every year. Until then I am a regular visitor at the local jet wash.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I hope you dry it after... ;)

Buy a Karcher... Will pay for itself before long.

·
Registered
117 Posts
alex said:
I hope you dry it after... ;)

Buy a Karcher... Will pay for itself before long.
Have to agree alex.I bought one years ago and it has been a great purchase. I've got a snow foam attachment which works very well. I then dry it and wax it if have the time. If I don't I use a QD spray which brings up a nice shine.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Pretty much the same as me then.

Snowfoam is brilliant. Mine gets waxed every 6 months which is plenty. QD keeps it good in between.

·
Registered
117 Posts
alex said:
Pretty much the same as me then.

Snowfoam is brilliant. Mine gets waxed every 6 months which is plenty. QD keeps it good in between.
Great minds think alike and all that!

·
Registered
944 Posts
With a huge fluffy drying towel!

·
Registered
944 Posts
What detailer spray do people use??

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've akways used AG. I always think about using something else but in reality I never do.

The instant show shine looks interesting though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use the Autoglym HD wax and its excellent.The Megs detailing stuff is good but I do prefer the Autoglym.Might try some of the Dodo Juice stuff on the Adam to see what its like.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts