Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,picked up my Adam at the weekend.. LOVE IT! been driving him constantly.however, my phone connected fine and my phonebook also loaded up on intellink fine.. but when i hold down the phone button on my steering wheel to speak to the car to make a call, nothing happens! so i have to do it on the touch screen to find numbers which is getting dangerous.i have an iphone 5s which i thought would be fine? this is something i really need when driving!Adam glam 1.2 S/S Saturday white fever, panoramic sunroof, intellink, parking sensors, winter pack, leather pack, carbon pack.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Sounds like your intellilink needs updating.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi K-dis, just been looking at the Intellilink manual online (as I don't have my Adam yet
) and reading your post above.

I just want to ask, are you holding the button down and trying to make Siri work?

Just in the manual it says that to activate speech recognition (I assume Siri) its just a short press on the button marked 1 in the manual you should get a voice command message on the screen (I assume on the intellilink) and a beep should be heard then you can use Siri.

Hope this is possibly helpful

I was using the following link for the Intellilink manual:-

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/Vauxhall/Europe/united_kingdom/nscwebsite/uk/Home/pdf/Owners_Services/owners_manuals/adam_infotainment_manual_jan2014.pdf

Edited by: Gez_BGB

·
Registered
944 Posts
As above... When you push the button it should show the voice command box on the screen. If it doesn't it needs updating. Go on the phone so you can see buttons etc and push the button, it'll work on there...? Mine was the same, it's just a quick update at the dealers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will be honest I would be surprised if it needs updating already as the car was only picked up over the weekend, but you never know

·
Registered
944 Posts
Missed that part.

Saying that though, I got mine in December. It's was one of the already built ones so even though it had done under 100 miles it was built in June... Needed updating. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone, very helpful! ill see what i can do when i get home.Adam glam 1.2 S/S Saturday white fever, panoramic sunroof, intellink, parking sensors, winter pack, leather pack, carbon pack.

·
Registered
148 Posts
K-diz, let us know how you got on

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, this may sound a little silly, but is SIRI turned on on your iPhone. Are you connected to the Intellilink using Bluetooth?
Couple of times I made on mistake when I started using Siri on my Adam, I pressed wrong button to activate Siri. I pressed bottom button on steering wheel audio controls, instead of pressing top button.

·
Registered
61 Posts
From my experience the way you describe it is how mine was before I took it in to be updated - at least if it does they should at least know about the update now so you won't have to move heaven and earth to prove it exists!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts