Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these problems people are having with Siri?

Mine is very temperamental, sometimes takes ages to activate, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Very irritating...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone tell me... Does voice commands work from radio etc? No matter how long I hold the voice command button down nothing happens. Only works when on phone...

Should it show the voice command graphic on screen too?

Think mine needs upgrading...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Had to get mine updated ,
Yes a box is ment to come up saying voice command ,
I never had this till I took it in , had to show them the link on here as they didn't know what the problem was ,
And get some descant music on ya phone , they laughted at mine 😕Edited by: Angeolly

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Was it something they could do easily or do they need the car for a while?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi
Was problerly there 2 hours , they had to download something ,
Then put int on a dongle thing ,
Then download it to my car ,
Think it took so long because they didn't know how ,
But problerly dab hands now , like I say , I showed them the link
Try looking under the , intellilink update for iPhone , I think , sorry

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again. Hopefully they'll know then!

Trip computer playing up and gearbox is sticking too... Could be a long day tomorrow!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Siri can be temperamental because unless you are in a 3G or 4G area the data connection from your phone to Apples server is not fast enough. Can't for 4G to be everywhere then our phones will hopefully connect to 4G, then 3G. Not 3G then Edge or GPRS as that's too slow for Siri.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It took me almost literally hours of trying to convince my local dealership this update existed and it was for them to install it, not me. The key bit in this June 13 press release is:
"Customers who already own an ADAM with IntellilLink can also benefit from Siri Eyes Free, via a free update available from next month. The innovative IntelliLink system can be continually updated throughout the customers' ownership to ensure in-car infotainment is just as up to date as their mobile communication. Updates are available for ADAM owners through their nearest Vauxhall dealer."
http://media.vauxhall.co.uk/content/product/consumer_communications/public/gb/en/vauxhall/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/gb/en/2013/vauxhall/06-19-adam-siri-eyes.html
I do find mine generally works pretty well now, hears my (Scouse) voice well and understands what I'm saying which is more than I get from most human beings.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that. Mine is May 13 so obviously needs updating.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vauxhall should have taken a leaf out of Fiat 500's Blue&Me system which can be updated easily using USB dongle instead of having to book a car in for an update with you local dealership.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couldn't fit me in today so booked in for the morning.

Surprisingly they knew about the update and said a few have been in for it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it in today... They actually didn't know there was an upgrade... Said they'll speak to vauxhall and let me know... Still no Siri.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts