Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our 1.4 glam for a week now and really pleased with it. Did notice one slight problem with the anti theft system.
The activation warning LED on top of the dash isn't working. Called in at the dealers and they checked it out and confirmed it was a faulty LED. Now comes the good part. They will need the car for possibly 2 days as the dash has to be removed to fit new part. Good design eh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Thought it was standard. Dealer seems to think it is as well. If that's the case then the LED is never going to flash, very puzzling, will phone them this morning. Thanks for that, didn't fancy them disturbing dash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anti-theft system is definitely NOT standard! I had my 1.4 Adam Slam in the dealers for the LED not working, they told me that the LED only flashes if you pay for the option of Anti-theft.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sharpy1 said:
Anti-theft system is definitely NOT standard! I had my 1.4 Adam Slam in the dealers for the LED not working, they told me that the LED only flashes if you pay for the option of Anti-theft.
Cheers, that seems to explain it all. Just out of interest where is this option?

The dealer still can't confirm that it's an option and are phoning Vauxhall technical tomorrow morning.

You would think after spending £15,000 that anti-theft would be standard. You shouldn't have to design this into the car yourself and I certainly want our gorgeous ADAM to still be on the drive when I look out of the window in the morning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The option is in the Adam Price/Specification Guide I have, it's on the Adam Features and Options page. Under the heading of Security -Additional Features, it says: Remote Control Ultrasonic Security Alarm System Price £250 inc VAT.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Got the 1.4 Glam and no alarm fitted just standard immobiliser so no LED to flash in our car.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wouldn't the immobiliser stop it from going anywhere anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts