Adam Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to find that someone had pushed a shopping trolley into my car and done this
[/url]
so pissed off its untrue, but whats done is done.does anyone know if this is easy enough to repair myself? when i get home from work i will look into it more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Looks like it might be more fiddly because they've smashed the red glass as well! I'd be so furious!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's what i thought as well. gonna pop to the garage on my lunch break and get them to sort it out for me.
As much as it sucks and pisses me off at least the paint work is not touched so the light is easier to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
:( there are some inconsiderate people like. And jealous!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
Or just clumsy... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
God that was hit with some force, not someone just pushing a trolley i dont think :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
That's gutting,glad its not bodywork damage though!!
My friend who works at perrys vauxhall got his new demo Astra Gtc limted edition two days ago,had it keyed front to back last night.....total respray on one side looks like (
there are some horrible people about!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it defo wasn't an accident, someone seems to have smashed the trolley into it otherwise i think it would have just cracked. or maybe broke just the outside part.
vauxhall quoted me £100 for part and fitting. gonna look around see if i can find it cheaper. does £100 seem ok to you guys & gals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
I would of thought it would of been double and then some for a light cluster to be honest, think thats a really good price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
That's deffo deliberate like. And I think that's a really good price too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Franco said:
yeah it defo wasn't an accident, someone seems to have smashed the trolley into it otherwise i think it would have just cracked. or maybe broke just the outside part.
vauxhall quoted me £100 for part and fitting. gonna look around see if i can find it cheaper. does £100 seem ok to you guys & gals?
That's so annoying to put it mildly. With regards the price, how about buying it supply only and fitting it yourself, might save yourself about £40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Thats horrible! looks like someone did it on purpose. no shopping trolly would smash a back light housing unless it was travelling at some great speed... saying that some people are totally careless around other cars. I get people smashing their car door on my corsa in a car park (get this, while I'm still sat in the car!) makes me mad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rob.B said:
Franco said:
yeah it defo wasn't an accident, someone seems to have smashed the trolley into it otherwise i think it would have just cracked. or maybe broke just the outside part.
vauxhall quoted me £100 for part and fitting. gonna look around see if i can find it cheaper. does £100 seem ok to you guys & gals?
That's so annoying to put it mildly. With regards the price, how about buying it supply only and fitting it yourself, might save yourself about £40
Thanks I'm gonna look into it a little more when i get back from work. im rubbish at doing that sort of thing myself but if i can get the part i would give it a try.
The thing is this was done over night with my car parked down my road a few doors down :( there was no trolley insight when i left it yesterday. That's what i get for living in a Town Center.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
More than likely some drunk idiot on the way home on a friday night? Its so bad people do this,they need there hands cut off,but karma will get them back one day im sure! but you now have solid proof that people are dead jelous of your gorgeous little car :)

Oh when you buy a part from the parts desk they can give you a diagram of the part so will more than likely be 2-3 screws holding it in thats all xx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
L8ydg said:
More than likely some drunk idiot on the way home on a friday night? Its so bad people do this,they need there hands cut off,but karma will get them back one day im sure! but you now have solid proof that people are dead jelous of your gorgeous little car :)

Oh when you buy a part from the parts desk they can give you a diagram of the part so will more than likely be 2-3 screws holding it in thats all xx
Cool thanks for that. i will pop to the parts desk on lunch Monday. want to get it looking normal again soon i hate seeing it injured :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
That is really awful. We had kids going down our road a few years back whacking door mirrors off with a baseball bat. Plus someone walked over my car leaving a dent in the roof and mangled wipers. This was ages ago and so I hope this doesn't start again when my Adam comes. Some people must have the mindset of, "if I can't have it, they shouldn't...". What gives them the right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah some people just don't care. my first car was an old corsa and someone stole the glass from the wing mirrors then tried to steal the actual car a few weeks later but couldnt so they left me with a snapped steering wheel and and damaged door. then they stole some part the clips to the exhaust or something cant even remember now. that was an awful long time ago. the mini i had before this never got touched so im hoping this is a one off drunken nutter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
yep... some people shouldn't be allowed out after dark.....

Sorry about what happened mate, but as you said, at least the paint is ok

Also I agree it is deliberate,..i work on vehicles for a living and these light clusters are tough.....

100 quid is a good price.... I would bite their hand off if I was you....if you are not good on cars, you could end up with a leaking car and drying them out is a nightmare
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top